Market Analytics - February 2011
Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets
HIGHLIGHTS - What You Need to Know
We appear to have a 'rolling top' with broad based weakening analytics and cascading warning signals. This behavior is often seen near major tops. The Friday 01-28-11 sell-off is the initiation of a short term correction and consolidation before we put in a final new high as part of this final topping formation and long term right shoulder construction pattern.
The market action since March 2009 is a bear market counter rally that will end with a classic ending diagonal pattern. The Bear Market which started in 2000 will resume in full force by the spring of 2011.
Highlight examples of weakening analytics and warning signals are as follows:
- Growing Dow Theory non-confirmation between the Dow Industrials and the Trannies
- Inter-market Divergence with new highs in the Blue Chip DOW Industrials with lower closes in the S&P 500, Nasdaq, Russell 2000 and Trannies
- Extreme Bullish Sentiment indicators
- VIX Sell Signal
- Confirmed Hindenberg Omen from December
- Weakening Breadth - 10 DMA A/D Line versus NYSE, NDX and Russell 2000 price.
- Rising Termination Wedge pattern in the Industrials and S&P 500 since the July 2010 lows.
CURRENT MACRO EXPECTATIONS
Click "Fullscreen" for optimum resolution
About Gordon T Long
Gordon T Long Archive
|01/18/2013||The “Bloated” Bond Bubble||story|
|12/28/2012||Monetary Malpractice: Moral Malady||story|
|12/17/2012||Currency Cartel: Counterfeiting “Risk Free”||story|
|04/28/2011||Debt Saturation & Money Illusion||story|
|04/21/2011||Bernanke’s QEx Box||story|
|03/14/2011||RIP Shadow Banking System, Long Live QEx!||story|
|03/08/2011||Flash Points in the 'Age of Rage'||story|
|03/02/2011||Mapping the Critical 2011 Themes||story|
|02/28/2011||2011 Tipping Points||story|