Market Focus: Economy
- Aug 17 US Markets Likely to Recouple with Global Equities - Correction Ahead by Chris Puplava
- Aug 16 California Hitting "Affordability Wall," Real Estate Correction Likely, Says Housing Expert Rick Sharga by FS Staff
- Aug 15 R.I.P. Bretton Woods by Marc Chandler
- Aug 13 Pension Crisis on the Horizon by FS Staff
- Aug 09 The U.S. Trade Deficit Isn’t Caused by Low American Savings by Michael Pettis
- Aug 07 Temperature Rising by Patrick O'Hare
- Aug 06 China's Alleged "Victory Plan" Over the US Dollar by Michael Shedlock
- Aug 06 August Macro Update: Recession Risk Remains Low by Urban Carmel
- Aug 06 Data Flow Continues to Support the Fed’s Narrative by Tim Duy PhD
- Aug 03 China Slowdown Baked in the Cake by FS Staff
- Aug 03 Are Trump’s Manufacturing Jobs Coming Back to America? by Kurt Kallaus
- Aug 02 Realities of New Tax Bill Dawning on Californians and Other High Tax Residents by FS Staff
- Aug 02 A Policy Pause Is Still Some Time Away by Tim Duy PhD
- Aug 02 Manufacturing's Death Has Been Exaggerated by Mises Institute
- Aug 01 US Manufacturing Weakens on Cost Increases, Tariff Concerns by Peter Boockvar
Global Trigger Points for Risk-Off, U.S. Recoupling
Aug 18 – In today’s Big Picture podcast, Ryan and Chris Puplava discuss the international trigger points that may set off a risk-off correction in global markets. They look at Turkey, Italy, the US dollar, technical concerns...
Jim Paulsen: What Happens Next Depends on the US Dollar
Aug 17 – Jim Paulsen, Chief Investment Strategist at the Leuthold Group, explains how the US dollar will play a dominant role in the success or failure of many investments going forward, including commodities, gold...
Global Stress Test Underway, Says Danielle DiMartino
Aug 15 – FS Insider welcomes former Federal Reserve advisor Danielle DiMartino Booth, author of Fed Up, for a wide-ranging discussion on global interconnectivity, emerging market troubles, the Fed’s global stress test, leading indicators...
Big Picture: No Recession or Bear Market, But Plenty of Turbulence
Aug 11 – Last week we talked about a number of Autumn storms hitting the market. We want to continue with that theme as the summer draws to a close, where we argue that the risk of a recession and bear market is...