Market Focus: Commodities
Recent Editorials on Commodities
- Apr 24 With Droughts and Disease Hitting Livestock Around the Globe, Animal Health Care Companies More Important Than Ever by FS Staff
- Apr 03 Why Was China Carrying Gold? by Keith Weiner
- Mar 20 Bill Fleckenstein Reopening Short Fund; Sees Opportunity Later this Year by Bill Fleckenstein
- Mar 18 Inflation Tame, Housing Starts Mixed by Tim Iacono
- Mar 18 Squaring the Circle: A QE for the ECB by Marc Chandler
- Mar 17 Jeff Christian: It's Not Just Gold—Computerized Trading Used to Manipulate All Markets by FS Staff
- Mar 14 U.S. Beef Recall Affects Fragile Agribusiness Supply Chain by Global Risk Insights
- Mar 13 Copper Breaking Its Correlation by Tom McClellan
- Mar 10 Agri-Commodity Prices: A New High! by Ned W Schmidt CFA
- Mar 10 Farmland: Another Real-Estate Bubble? by Monty Guild Tony Danaher
Ned Schmidt: Fundamentals Point to Higher Food Prices Ahead
Jim welcomes back Ned Schmidt CFA, Publisher of The Agri-Food Value View and The Value View Gold Reports at Schmidt Management Company. Ned and Jim discuss the agriculture sector this week, and...
Technician Louise Yamada: 2014 Will Be a Bumpy Ride For Investors – Stay Alert
Jim welcomes back Louise Yamada CMT, Managing Director of Louise Yamada Technical Research Advisors. Louise believes that we’re experiencing a market consolidation, not a top. She sees the...
Technician Shelley Moen: Ignore All the Noise – Focus on Quality Stocks
Jim welcomes back Shelley Moen CMT, Senior Market Strategist at Vermilion Technical Research, LLC. Shelley notes that market jitters are not unusual during earnings season, and it’s certainly not...
Evelyn Browning Garriss: High Probability of an El Niño Event – Good News for Farmers and Californians
Jim welcomes back Evelyn Browning Garriss, Editor of The Browning Newsletter. Evelyn discusses the chances of Central and Eastern North America having a cool, delayed planting season as well as...
Learn More about Commodities
- COT (Commitments of Traders) Data | CFTC
- Commodities Futures | Yahoo! Finance
- Commodities | Forbes.com
- Commodity Futures | Bloomberg
- Commodity Research Bureau (CRB) Index
- Drought Severity Index: Long Term Palmer | CPC
- DoE: Critical Materials Strategy
- UNEP Year Book 2011 | United Nations
- World PopClock Projection | U.S. Census Bureau