Market Focus: Commodities
Recent Editorials on Commodities
- Feb 12 Fish: The Overlooked Destabilizer in the South China Sea by Stratfor
- Feb 08 Gary Shilling: All-Out Price War Could Send Oil to $10 to $20 a Barrel by FS Staff
- Jan 26 Jim Bianco: Energy Industry "Dead-Man Drilling" Into Bankruptcy by FS Staff
- Jan 07 Petro Currencies Under Fire as Oil Keeps Sliding by Oil Price
- Dec 28 Majority of Sectors Expected to See Q4 Earnings Declines by Sheraz Mian
- Dec 28 Brian Pretti Cautions Investors on Stock Market - Prepare for Any Outcome by FS Staff
- Dec 22 Jeff Christian Sees Revival in the Gold Market 2016 and Beyond by FS Staff
- Dec 18 'Flat Out Too Early' to Buy Energy Here, Says Johnson by FS Staff
- Dec 17 Stronger Dollar Weighs On Commodities, Oil by Oil Price
- Dec 10 Louise Yamada: Stocks in a Major Topping Process; Oil May Hit $32 by FS Staff
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Bad Moon Rising
Feb 13 – This week on the Big Picture, Jim’s first topic is “Bad Moon Rising”. Jim and John discuss the general turbulence in the markets, the major contraction in global liquidity and the brewing...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: One and Shut Up
Dec 12 – The first Big Picture topic this week is “One and Shut Up”. This refers to the big decision by the Federal Reserve next week on raising interest rates. It is widely expected that the Fed...
Big Picture Special Edition: Don Coxe on Geopolitical Threats and George Gilder on Information Theory
Nov 7 – In a special edition of the Big Picture, we reprise two compelling FS Insider interviews, featuring Dox Coxe and George Gilder. In a wide-ranging conversation, Don Coxe and Jim discuss...
Martin Armstrong: If This Level Breaks, Expect Dow to Hit 13,000, Then Double
Aug 29 – Legendary market historian and well-known strategist Martin Armstrong comments on recent market events and explains his forecast for stocks, bonds, currencies, and gold. Martin also...
Learn More about Commodities
- COT (Commitments of Traders) Data | CFTC
- Commodities Futures | Yahoo! Finance
- Commodities | Forbes.com
- Commodity Futures | Bloomberg
- Commodity Research Bureau (CRB) Index
- Drought Severity Index: Long Term Palmer | CPC
- DoE: Critical Materials Strategy
- UNEP Year Book 2011 | United Nations
- World PopClock Projection | U.S. Census Bureau