Market Focus: Commodities
Recent Editorials on Commodities
- Nov 19 How Have Our Forecasts Played Out This Year? by FS Staff
- Nov 12 Don't Fight the Dollar by Cris Sheridan
- Nov 10 Technician: Stocks Trending Higher Over Next 2-3 Months; Gold Targeting $1050-$1100 by FS Staff
- Oct 22 The “New Normal” in EM Ex-China by BCA Research
- Oct 20 How to Link Australian Iron With Marine le Pen by Michael Pettis
- Oct 10 COT Data Show a Bottom for Copper by Tom McClellan
- Oct 10 Weekday Wrap-Up: Bitcoins and Goldbugs, Q3 Earnings Signals, $40 Oil, and Geopolitical Feedback Loops by FS Staff
- Oct 09 Stocks Slide as Volatility Returns; Is China Now the World's Largest Economy? by Cris Sheridan
- Oct 06 Commodity Signals Flashing Red by John Butler
- Oct 06 Technician: More Weakness Ahead for Stocks; Dollar Could Be Entering "New Structural Bull Market" by FS Staff
Ned Schmidt: Agriculture Prices Going Up - Demand Is Key Factor
Jim welcomes back Ned W Schmidt CFA, Publisher of The Value View Gold & The Agri-Food Value View Reports at Schmidt Management Company. Ned notes that ag prices and ag exports are going up,...
Ned Schmidt: Fundamentals Point to Higher Food Prices Ahead
Jim welcomes back Ned Schmidt CFA, Publisher of The Agri-Food Value View and The Value View Gold Reports at Schmidt Management Company. Ned and Jim discuss the agriculture sector this week, and...
Evelyn Browning Garriss: High Probability of an El Niño Event – Good News for Farmers and Californians
Jim welcomes back Evelyn Browning Garriss, Editor of The Browning Newsletter. Evelyn discusses the chances of Central and Eastern North America having a cool, delayed planting season as well as...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: LEI’s Dropping – Danger Ahead?
In Jim’s first Big Picture topic this week, “LEI’s Dropping – danger ahead?” he looks at what the Leading Economic Indicators may be telling us. Last summer the LEI’s turned up and the markets and...
Learn More about Commodities
- COT (Commitments of Traders) Data | CFTC
- Commodities Futures | Yahoo! Finance
- Commodities | Forbes.com
- Commodity Futures | Bloomberg
- Commodity Research Bureau (CRB) Index
- Drought Severity Index: Long Term Palmer | CPC
- DoE: Critical Materials Strategy
- UNEP Year Book 2011 | United Nations
- World PopClock Projection | U.S. Census Bureau