Market Focus: Commodities
Recent Editorials on Commodities
- Sep 01 California – A Deluge Followed by Mega Drought? by Bruce Krasting
- Aug 28 Here Comes a “Godzilla” El Niño by Monty Guild Tony Danaher
- Aug 18 Will a Smaller Global Commodities Appetite Benefit Canada? by Jeff Rubin
- Aug 17 Some Burning Issues by Patrick O'Hare
- Aug 13 Commodity Weakness Persists by John Mauldin
- Aug 12 Stratfor's Reva Bhalla: BRICS in Trouble; Russia a "Huge Concern" by FS Staff
- Aug 10 Peak Food, Part Two by Ned W Schmidt CFA
- Aug 06 Gold and Oil Heading Down for a Secular Count? by Danielle Park
- Aug 03 Wash, Rinse, Repeat by Patrick O'Hare
- Jul 31 Craig Johnson Still Bullish on Stocks; Sees More Downside for Gold, Oil, and Commodities by FS Staff
Martin Armstrong: If This Level Breaks, Expect Dow to Hit 13,000, Then Double
Aug 29 – Legendary market historian and well-known strategist Martin Armstrong comments on recent market events and explains his forecast for stocks, bonds, currencies, and gold. Martin also...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: The Fear Trade: Snake Oil Salesmen and the Dangers of Being Duped
Aug 8 – In Jim’s first Big Picture topic this week, The Fear Trade, Jim notes we are soon entering the fall season, where we normally see more market volatility and corrections. It is also the...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: An Energy Roundtable - Featuring Robert Rapier, Kurt Wulff and Dan Steffens
May 23 - Will energy prices continue to recover back to old highs, or will they dip back to recent lows? This week on the Big Picture, Jim moderates an Energy Roundtable with Robert Rapier,...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: On the Record
Apr 11 – This week on the Big Picture, John interviews Jim in a format they call On the Record. Some of the topics Jim addresses include why he is still bullish on...
Learn More about Commodities
- COT (Commitments of Traders) Data | CFTC
- Commodities Futures | Yahoo! Finance
- Commodities | Forbes.com
- Commodity Futures | Bloomberg
- Commodity Research Bureau (CRB) Index
- Drought Severity Index: Long Term Palmer | CPC
- DoE: Critical Materials Strategy
- UNEP Year Book 2011 | United Nations
- World PopClock Projection | U.S. Census Bureau