Market Focus: Commodities
Recent Editorials on Commodities
- Feb 07 Yellen's Last Hike and the Next Fed Chair by FS Staff
- Jan 12 World Bank: Trump to Boost US Economic Growth and Commodities by Oil Price
- Dec 29 Copper Leads the Way Lower for Bond Yields by Tom McClellan
- Nov 23 The Man Who Got the Trump Call Correct Now Says Markets Are Too Exuberant by FS Staff
- Nov 23 Debt Crisis: Why 2017 Will Be a Decisive Year for China's Economy by Stratfor
- Nov 18 Copper Spike by Tom McClellan
- Nov 14 Is the Breakout in Copper a Sign of a Global Economic Recovery? by FS Staff
- Nov 11 Copper Prices and the Global Economy by Urban Carmel
- Nov 10 US Dollar, Equities, and Commodities Firmer as Reflation Trade Takes Hold by Marc Chandler
- Nov 09 SAUT: Trump Win Is Bullish by FS Staff
Gary Shilling: US Holds Upper Hand in Trade Environment
Feb 18 – In this hour long conversation, Gary Shilling of A. Gary Shilling & Co. and Jim Puplava discuss trade, China, the US dollar, emerging markets, infrastructure spending, monetary policy...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Trump and the Great Reflation
Nov 19 – Donald Trump has won the election and now plans to provide a major boost to the economy. Will it succeed and delay the onset of a recession or will the “great reflation” get stopped dead...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: $20 Trillion in Debt, Financial Repression, and Gold’s Blast Off
Mar 12 – The week’s first topic on the Big Picture is “$20 Trillion in Debt, Financial Repression, and Gold’s Blast Off”. Gold and commodities have been in bear markets since 2011. The Fed’s...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Bad Moon Rising
Feb 13 – This week on the Big Picture, Jim’s first topic is “Bad Moon Rising”. Jim and John discuss the general turbulence in the markets, the major contraction in global liquidity and the brewing...
Learn More about Commodities
- COT (Commitments of Traders) Data | CFTC
- Commodities Futures | Yahoo! Finance
- Commodities | Forbes.com
- Commodity Futures | Bloomberg
- Commodity Research Bureau (CRB) Index
- Drought Severity Index: Long Term Palmer | CPC
- DoE: Critical Materials Strategy
- UNEP Year Book 2011 | United Nations
- World PopClock Projection | U.S. Census Bureau