Market Focus: Commodities
Recent Editorials on Commodities
- Jun 19 Western Mining Industry in Serious Crisis by FS Staff
- Jun 18 The Magnificent Seven, of Grains by Ned W Schmidt CFA
- Jun 12 Australian Dollar Plunges as Home Loans Dive by Michael Shedlock
- Jun 06 Follow the Money: Buy Hogs, Sell Goog by Ned W Schmidt CFA
- Jun 05 Food and Energy Prices May Skyrocket by JR Nyquist
- May 14 Clues to Watch for the End of QE “Infinity” by Lance Roberts
- May 07 Foreign Financial Reporting of U.S. Citizens Coming. Will it Include Gold? by Julian Phillips
- May 01 Corn: Too Cold or Wet Yet by Ned W Schmidt CFA
- Apr 19 Buy U.S., Short Commodities by Puru Saxena
- Apr 16 How a Landslide Shifts Copper Supply by Frank Holmes
Technician Tracy Knudsen: No Signs of a Bear Market
Jim welcomes back Tracy Knudsen CMT, Senior Vice President & Senior Analyst at Lowry Research. Tracy tells Jim that she sees no major storm clouds of an approaching bear market. The lack of...
Technician Bert Dohmen: The Fed Is Using “Tapering Talk” As a Ploy to Cool Market Speculation
Jim welcomes back technician Bert Dohmen of Dohmen Capital Research Institute and publisher of The Wellington Letter. Bert believes all this talk about “tapering QE” is a ploy by the Fed...
Technician Charles Nenner: Short-Term Cycles Are Topping - Most of the Gains Are in for the Year
Jim welcomes back noted technician Charles Nenner of the Charles Nenner Research Center. Charles sees many of his short-term cycles topping, with other cycles topping over the summer. He believes...
Technician Richard Dickson: Major Trend Gauges Are All Positive
Jim welcomes back Richard Dickson, Chief Market Analyst at Lowry Research. Richard notes that the major trend gauges are all positive at present. He sees a similarity in the markets to 1995, when...
Learn More about Commodities
- COT (Commitments of Traders) Data | CFTC
- Commodities Futures | Yahoo! Finance
- Commodities | Forbes.com
- Commodity Futures | Bloomberg
- Commodity Research Bureau (CRB) Index
- Drought Severity Index: Long Term Palmer | CPC
- DoE: Critical Materials Strategy
- UNEP Year Book 2011 | United Nations
- World PopClock Projection | U.S. Census Bureau