Market Focus: Commodities
Recent Editorials on Commodities
- Sep 19 Martin Armstrong: Capital Herding Into the U.S., Likely to Push Dollar, Stocks Higher Into Next Year by FS Staff
- Sep 18 Jim Bianco on Gold, Oil, and Why the Market Doesn't Care About Geopolitical Events by FS Staff
- Sep 17 Why the Debate Over U.S. LNG Exports Has Been Won by Oil Price
- Sep 17 Can Gold Finally Recover? by Clif Droke
- Sep 17 Four Places That Could Become Water Conflict Zones by Global Risk Insights
- Aug 21 Deutsche Bank: Ignoring Food Price Pressures Could Be a Mistake by Sober Look
- Aug 19 Has the 2014-2016 Crisis Window Been Delayed? by FS Staff
- Aug 18 Stay on Board by Puru Saxena
- Aug 07 Solar and Wind Power More Expensive Than Thought by Oil Price
- Aug 01 Stagflation Is, Always and Everywhere, a Keynesian Phenomenon by John Butler
Ned Schmidt: Agriculture Prices Going Up - Demand Is Key Factor
Jim welcomes back Ned W Schmidt CFA, Publisher of The Value View Gold & The Agri-Food Value View Reports at Schmidt Management Company. Ned notes that ag prices and ag exports are going up,...
Ned Schmidt: Fundamentals Point to Higher Food Prices Ahead
Jim welcomes back Ned Schmidt CFA, Publisher of The Agri-Food Value View and The Value View Gold Reports at Schmidt Management Company. Ned and Jim discuss the agriculture sector this week, and...
Evelyn Browning Garriss: High Probability of an El Niño Event – Good News for Farmers and Californians
Jim welcomes back Evelyn Browning Garriss, Editor of The Browning Newsletter. Evelyn discusses the chances of Central and Eastern North America having a cool, delayed planting season as well as...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: LEI’s Dropping – Danger Ahead?
In Jim’s first Big Picture topic this week, “LEI’s Dropping – danger ahead?” he looks at what the Leading Economic Indicators may be telling us. Last summer the LEI’s turned up and the markets and...
Learn More about Commodities
- COT (Commitments of Traders) Data | CFTC
- Commodities Futures | Yahoo! Finance
- Commodities | Forbes.com
- Commodity Futures | Bloomberg
- Commodity Research Bureau (CRB) Index
- Drought Severity Index: Long Term Palmer | CPC
- DoE: Critical Materials Strategy
- UNEP Year Book 2011 | United Nations
- World PopClock Projection | U.S. Census Bureau