Market Focus: Economy
- Oct 09 The Final Crescendo of Cognitive Dollar Dissonance and the Remonetization of Gold by John Butler
- Oct 09 Calm Before the Storm? by Puru Saxena
- Oct 08 China’s Forex Reserves Drop Most on Record: What Does It Mean? by Michael Shedlock
- Oct 08 Lack of Wage Growth Means Retail Spending Woes by Andrew Zatlin
- Oct 08 Jobless Claims, Leading Economic Indicators Still Not Warning of Recession by FS Staff
- Oct 08 The Myth of Retiring Baby Boomers by Tim Iacono
- Oct 08 The US Consumer Is Bigger Than China’s Entire Economy by Marc Chandler
- Oct 07 What Happens to our Economy as Millions of People Lose the Habits of Hard Work? by Charles Hugh Smith
- Oct 07 How to Become a Superforecaster by FS Staff
- Oct 06 A Look at Long-Term Trends in Employment by Age Group by Doug Short
- Oct 06 Milton Friedman Accurately Explains Today’s Immigration Problem by Michael Shedlock
- Oct 05 Canada and the Oil Price Shock by Sober Look
- Oct 05 China’s New Infrastructure Bank Wins Grudging Assent From the US and Japan by Monty Guild Tony Danaher
- Oct 05 October Macro Update: Employment Wasn't Surprisingly Weak by Urban Carmel
- Oct 02 Simply Dreadful US Jobs Report by Marc Chandler
Peter Boockvar: Stock Market Has Peaked - "Tremendous Value" in Precious Metals, Commodities
Oct 8 – Peter Boockvar of the Lindsey Group explains why he thinks the bull market in US stocks is over and why investors should be looking at contrarian plays like precious metals, commodities, and emerging markets.
US Real Estate Market Update With Rick Sharga
Oct 7 – Rick Sharga of Auction.com, the largest online marketplace for US real estate, provides an update on the housing market looking at affordability, interest rates, the impact of resetting home equity loans, rental rates, and more.
Book Interview: Superforecasting - The Art and Science of Prediction
Oct 6 – Based on a government-funded forecasting tournament, a team of non-experts headed by one of the world’s leading social scientists beat expert forecasters (sometimes even using classified information) by a wide margin. Tetlock calls these non-expert...
Technician Gary Dorsch: The US Downturn Has Been ‘Made in China’
October 3 – Jim welcomes Gary Dorsch, editor of Global Money Trends at SirChartsAlot.com. Gary notes that the China growth locomotive has slowed down considerably from past decades, and this has led to a general global slowdown...