Market Focus: Economy
- Mar 11 How Social Security Trust Funds Will Change Private Retirement Income by Daniel Amerman CFA
- Mar 11 Almost 40% of Households Can’t Afford San Diego by Don Bauder
- Mar 11 Gary Shilling: Bears Have It Wrong—U.S. Not Stuck With Permanently Slow Growth by FS Staff
- Mar 11 Book Review: The Money Bubble (What to Do Before it Pops) - Two Thumbs Up by Michael Shedlock
- Mar 11 Do Equities (and Real Estate) Give You Inflation Protection? by Detlev S Schlichter
- Mar 11 Small Business Sentiment Ends a Three-Month String of Improvement by Doug Short
- Mar 11 Banks Shedding Asset Management Businesses by Sober Look
- Mar 10 How Many Stock Market Top Boxes Have Been Checked? by Chris Ciovacco
- Mar 10 Can the Renminbi Become an International Currency? by Global Risk Insights
- Mar 10 U.S. Bond Strategy: Stick With High-Yield by BCA Research
- Mar 10 Earnings Season in the Rearview Mirror by Sheraz Mian
- Mar 07 Elevating Markets: A Signal of Reviving Bank Lending? by Alasdair Macleod
- Mar 07 China’s Credit Markets Under Pressure by Sober Look
- Mar 07 Payrolls Up 175K, Jobless Rate Climbs to 6.7% by Tim Iacono
- Mar 06 Renminbi Depreciation Poses Risk to Chinese Economy by Global Risk Insights
Dr. Gary Shilling: Still Advantage USA
Jim is pleased to welcome back A. Gary Shilling PhD, President of A. Gary Shilling & Co., an economic consulting firm and a registered investment advisor. Gary and Jim cover an array of topics, including manufacturing, banking, education, housing, technology, debt and inflation.
Axel Merk: The Fed Can’t Get Back to Normal – U.S. Can’t Afford Higher Interest Rates
Jim welcomes back Axel Merk, Founder and Portfolio Manager at Merk Investments LLC. Axel sees the biggest threat to the markets as a “successful” monetary policy that leads to growth, but also higher interest rates. He contends the US economy and government cannot afford...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: When Will Janet Blink?
Erik Townsend and Chris Puplava co-host this week in a special edition of the Big Picture. The first topic is “When will Janet Blink?”, refers to new Fed Chair Janet Yellen, and if she will stay the course in taking the Fed’s tapering program back to zero stimulus. Erik contends that it’s impossible to trade or invest using conventional wisdom in this environment, and...
Howard Davidowitz: Retail Is Getting Amazoned!
Jim welcomes back Howard Davidowitz, Chairman of Davidowitz & Associates, Inc., a highly respected retail industry consulting and investment banking firm founded in 1981. Howard and Jim discuss the revolutionary effect that Amazon is having on the retail sector.
- Austrian Money Supply
- Capacity Utilization
- Consumer Price Index
- Consumer Sentiment
- Disposable Personal Income
- Employment Costs
- Federal Debt Held by Foreigners
- Household Credit Market Debt
- Housing Starts
- Import Prices
- Personal Consumption
- Producer Price Index
- Purchasing Managers Index
- US GDP
- US GNP