Market Focus: Economy
- Oct 05 October Macro Update: Employment Wasn't Surprisingly Weak by Urban Carmel
- Oct 05 Canada and the Oil Price Shock by Sober Look
- Oct 05 China’s New Infrastructure Bank Wins Grudging Assent From the US and Japan by Monty Guild Tony Danaher
- Oct 02 Does Today's Big Employment Miss Signal Recession Ahead? by FS Staff
- Oct 02 Simply Dreadful US Jobs Report by Marc Chandler
- Oct 01 Why Year 3 of the Presidential Cycle Hasn't Gone the Way Everyone Expected by Urban Carmel
- Oct 01 Optimistic Narrative for China? by Sheraz Mian
- Sep 30 Overshooting to the Downside by Marc Chandler
- Sep 30 Jim Puplava: "This Is Not 2007-2008" by FS Staff
- Sep 29 China’s Leadership: Brilliant or Clueless? by Charles Hugh Smith
- Sep 29 All Bad at 0%? by Axel G Merk
- Sep 28 Mapping Yellen and the Global Landscape by Matthew Kerkhoff
- Sep 28 Credit Markets Suggest Caution by Chris Puplava
- Sep 28 Southeast Asia’s High Speed Rail Network by Global Risk Insights
- Sep 28 Bear Market Devil Might Be Lurking in the Details by Patrick O'Hare
Book Interview: Superforecasting - The Art and Science of Prediction
Oct 6 – Based on a government-funded forecasting tournament, a team of non-experts headed by one of the world’s leading social scientists beat expert forecasters (sometimes even using classified information) by a wide margin. Tetlock calls these non-expert...
Technician Gary Dorsch: The US Downturn Has Been ‘Made in China’
October 3 – Jim welcomes Gary Dorsch, editor of Global Money Trends at SirChartsAlot.com. Gary notes that the China growth locomotive has slowed down considerably from past decades, and this has led to a general global slowdown...
Matthew Kerkhoff: Fed Rates Hikes Can't Solve Public Pensions, Retirement Savings Crisis
Oct 2 – Matthew Kerkhoff, Research Director at Dow Theory Letters, talks about the recent Dow Theory sell signal, his outlook for a US recession, problems abroad, as well as the influence of Fed monetary policy...
Patrick Schotanus on the Archetypal Market Hypothesis (Part 2)
Oct 1 – In part two of this two-part interview, Patrick describes his groundbreaking Ph.D. research of viewing modern finance through the lens of complex psychology, where the human mind and its extensions (including the market) are...