Market Focus: Economy
- May 04 Canada to Trial Guaranteed Minimum Income by Global Risk Insights
- May 03 Monetary Policies Misunderstood by Steve Hanke
- May 02 Monetary Policy Endgames: Musings, Misgivings, and Markets by BCA Research
- May 02 I Think Icahn by Jeffrey D Saut
- May 02 Banks Tighten As Economic Outlook Grows More Uncertain by FS Staff
- Apr 29 Warning: Hawkishness Ahead by Tim Duy PhD
- Apr 29 More Lukewarm Econ Data to Match Q1 Earnings by Sheraz Mian
- Apr 28 Q1 GDP Advance Estimate at 0.5%, Worse Than Mainstream Forecasts by Doug Short
- Apr 28 The Implications of Sino-US Trade Tensions by Global Risk Insights
- Apr 27 Exit the Dragon – China’s Debt Is Everyone’s Problem by Stratfor
- Apr 27 Podcast: Quantum Computing Takes Flight by FS Staff
- Apr 26 Apple Runs Afoul of China’s Changing Internet by Global Risk Insights
- Apr 26 Home Prices Rose 5.3% Year-Over-Year in February by Jill Mislinski
- Apr 26 15 Warning Signs of Possible Market Top, Recession Next Year by FS Staff
- Apr 25 From Dollar Daze to Dollar Days by Patrick O'Hare
Worth Wray: If Dollar Rallies, All Bets Are Off
May 4 – Worth Wray, Chief Economist and Global Macro Strategist for STA Wealth Management, explains how we almost saw a global financial crisis heading into this year, what stopped it, and the ultimate long-term costs this...
Dr. Ben Hunt on the Placebos of Monetary Policy
Apr 28 – The primary instruments of monetary policy in 2016…are placebos,” says Ben Hunt PhD. In this podcast, Ben explains what this means for markets, under what conditions placebos fail to work, and the growing number of parallels between the 1930s and today.
2016 Market and Economic Outlook With Chris Puplava
Apr 27 – PFS Group’s Chief Investment Officer, Chris Puplava, offers a detailed outlook of the US economy and explains why, if current trends continue, there are growing signs for a major market top this year and a possible US recession in 2017.
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Fundamentally Speaking – Just the Facts
Apr 23 – This week on the Big Picture, Jim looks at what is driving the markets, which are up across the board, even with a slowing economy and corporate profits down. The falling dollar seems to be the key to improving liquidity and taking...