Market Focus: Economy
- Feb 08 It's Not March 2009... And That's Bad by Patrick O'Hare
- Feb 08 Credit Markets Continue to Show Signs of Stress - Caution Warranted by Chris Puplava
- Feb 05 China Explores Its Monetary Easing Toolkit by Global Risk Insights
- Feb 05 Chart of the Day: Nonfarm Payrolls and Bank Tightening by FS Staff
- Feb 04 Lakshman on US Slowdown, Shocks, and China by FS Staff
- Feb 03 What Kind of Power Will China Become? by Stratfor
- Feb 03 Why We Won’t Have a “Lehman Moment” in the 2016 Crash by Charles Hugh Smith
- Feb 02 Spend or Die! The Era of Negative Interest Rates by Matthew Kerkhoff
- Feb 02 Q4 Earnings Illustrate Earnings Recession by Sheraz Mian
- Feb 01 Global Liquidity Continues to Contract by Cris Sheridan
- Feb 01 US Consumer Is the Last Defense Against Strong Dollar Drag on the Economy by Sober Look
- Feb 01 The Mad Stewards of Gondor by Ben Hunt PhD
- Jan 29 Bank of Japan and Oil Detracting Market's Focus from Weak GDP Report by Patrick O'Hare
- Jan 28 NYSE Margin Debt Renews Its Decline by Doug Short
- Jan 28 The Age of the Intelligent Machine by Neil Howe
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Dr. Gary Shilling on Deflation, the Dissolution of OPEC, and the Sunset of China’s Economy
Feb 6 – In a special edition of the Big Picture, Jim welcomes Gary Shilling PhD, President of A. Gary Shilling & Co and publisher of the newsletter Insight. In this exclusive interview, Gary provides some current analysis on the global economy and...
Dr. Gary Shilling on The Age of Deleveraging: Investment Strategies for a Decade of Slow Growth and Deflation
Feb 5 – Jim welcomes back Gary Shilling PhD, President of A. Gary Shilling & Co and publisher of Insight. They discuss how Gary’s book, The Age of Deleveraging, is still relevant and still prescient in its forecasts. Gary notes that “history is...
ECRI’s Lakshman Achuthan: US Economic Slowdown Underway; Fed Too Late on Rate Hikes
Feb 4 – A US economic slowdown is underway, says Lakshman Achuthan, co-founder of the Economic Cycle Research Institute, adding that the Fed waited too long to hike rates. Lakshman discusses US economic trends, prospects...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Financial Tremors and Monetary Shockwaves
Jan 30 – This week on the Big Picture, Jim and John dissect the latest statement from the Federal Reserve, and then look ahead, discussing if the Fed’s plans for raising rates in 2016 are realistic, given economic weakness, market...