Market Focus: Economy
- Feb 12 Edward Altman: Risk in High Yield Market at 2007 Levels; Not Isolated to Energy by FS Staff
- Feb 12 Why NIRP (Negative Interest Rates) Will Fail Miserably by Charles Hugh Smith
- Feb 11 The Urban Bubble in Commercial Real Estate by Neil Howe
- Feb 10 Capital Flight Intensifies in Italy and Spain by Michael Shedlock
- Feb 10 Clueless Fed?! by Axel G Merk
- Feb 10 Federal Reserve to Test Negative Interest Rates by Global Risk Insights
- Feb 09 The Claws of Systemic Risk Are Popping Once Again by Ben Hunt PhD
- Feb 08 It's Not March 2009... And That's Bad by Patrick O'Hare
- Feb 08 Credit Markets Continue to Show Signs of Stress - Caution Warranted by Chris Puplava
- Feb 05 China Explores Its Monetary Easing Toolkit by Global Risk Insights
- Feb 05 Chart of the Day: Nonfarm Payrolls and Bank Tightening by FS Staff
- Feb 04 Lakshman on US Slowdown, Shocks, and China by FS Staff
- Feb 03 What Kind of Power Will China Become? by Stratfor
- Feb 03 Why We Won’t Have a “Lehman Moment” in the 2016 Crash by Charles Hugh Smith
- Feb 02 Spend or Die! The Era of Negative Interest Rates by Matthew Kerkhoff
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Bad Moon Rising
Feb 13 – This week on the Big Picture, Jim’s first topic is “Bad Moon Rising”. Jim and John discuss the general turbulence in the markets, the major contraction in global liquidity and the brewing crisis in the European banking system.
Edward Altman on Corporate Defaults, Junk Bond Market, and Spreading Risks
Feb 12 – Edward Altman, named as one of the 100 most influential people in finance and considered a leading authority on the high yield and distressed debt market, says we are seeing the peaking of a benign credit cycle in the US. He discusses what that...
George Friedman on the Looming Italian Banking Crisis
Feb 10 – Cris welcomes George Friedman PhD, internationally recognized geopolitical forecaster and best-selling author. George believes Greece was not an outlier, but a forerunner of trouble for Europe. Italian banks are now entering a crisis...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Dr. Gary Shilling on Deflation, the Dissolution of OPEC, and the Sunset of China’s Economy
Feb 6 – In a special edition of the Big Picture, Jim welcomes Gary Shilling PhD, President of A. Gary Shilling & Co and publisher of the newsletter Insight. In this exclusive interview, Gary provides some current analysis on the global economy and...