Market Focus: Energy
- Mar 07 Can the United States Rule the (Energy) World? by Oil Price
- Mar 05 Russia Needs to Sell Gas More Than EU Needs to Buy It by Oil Price
- Mar 03 Two Myths About the Ukrainian Conflict by Sober Look
- Mar 03 New Spy Technology to Spawn Oil Revolution by Oil Price
- Mar 03 Pipeline to Turkey Intensifies Dispute Over Iraqi Oil by Global Risk Insights
- Feb 27 Japan Charts Path to Return to Nuclear Power by Oil Price
- Feb 27 Natural Gas Inventories Are Headed Toward Zero by Robert Rapier
- Feb 26 Natural Gas Markets Are Revitalized While Oil Plows Ahead by Joseph Dancy
- Feb 26 Viva la Robolution! The Age of Accelerating Creative Destruction by FS Staff
- Feb 24 Can U.S. LNG Break Russia’s Gas Grip on Europe? by Oil Price
Joseph Dancy: Strong Economics for Natural Gas
Jim welcomes back Joseph Dancy, manager of the LSGI Technology Venture Fund LP and Professor of Law at Southern Methodist University in Texas. Joe and Jim discuss the strong economics behind the revitalized natural gas markets.
Kurt Wulff: There Is Value in Energy – Mid Cap Independent Producers Are in the Sweet Spot
Jim welcomes back Kurt Wulff CFA, Independent Energy Analyst at McDep LLC. Kurt currently sees real value in the energy sector. They discuss the growth prospects for energy, as well as his favorite sub-sectors and individual companies in the current market environment.
Robert Rapier: Five Energy Predictions for 2014
Jim welcomes back Robert Rapier, Chief Technology Officer at Merica International, a forestry and renewable energy company. Robert has 20 years of international engineering experience in the chemicals, oil and gas, and renewable energy industries, and holds several patents related to his work...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Why I Changed My Mind on Hyperinflation
In this special holiday reprise edition of the Big Picture from earlier in the year, Jim’s discusses “Why I changed my mind on hyperinflation”. Jim covers the last decade with oil going from $10 to $150, and gold zooming from $250 to $1900....
Peak Oil Reports
- BP Energy Outlook 2030
- BP Statistical Review
- DoE: Critical Materials Strategy
- IEA Oil Market Report
- Oil: The Next Revolution (Harvard)
- Sustainable Energy Security (Chatham)
- The Oil Crunch (ITPOES)
- Shell Energy Scenarios to 2050
- Status of World Oil Reserves ($)
- The Next Oil Shock (NZ Parliament)
- The Export Capacity Index (ASPO-USA)
"Oil and natural gas are depleting resources. Investment in these areas will be important in the years ahead." — Jim Puplava
"...we passed the peak on December 16, 2005." — Kenneth S. Deffeyes