Market Focus: Energy
- May 20 Goldman Sachs Predicting $45 Oil by October by Oil Price
- May 19 This Innovation Will Help U.S. Companies Win the Oil Price War by Oil Price
- May 14 How Saudi Arabia Sets The Global (Currency) Markets by Taki Tsaklanos
- May 13 The Misleading Read on Retail Sales by Urban Carmel
- May 13 Biggest Inflection Point for 2015 Happening Right Now (Update) by Chris Puplava
- May 11 Craig Johnson: US Markets Structurally Set Up to Move Higher; Rates Have Bottomed by FS Staff
- May 08 Oil Price Recovery May Be Too Much Too Soon by Oil Price
- May 07 Tesla vs. the Utilities by Jared Dillian
- May 06 Oil Sector May Not Cause Financial Apocalypse After All by Oil Price
- May 05 Is Audi’s Carbon-Neutral Diesel a Game-Changer? by Robert Rapier
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: An Energy Roundtable - Featuring Robert Rapier, Kurt Wulff and Dan Steffens
May 23 - Will energy prices continue to recover back to old highs, or will they dip back to recent lows? This week on the Big Picture, Jim moderates an Energy Roundtable with Robert Rapier, Director of Alternative-Fuels Technology at...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Financial Repression – Part II
Apr 25 – Jim’s first Big Picture topic this week is “Financial Repression – Part II”. The world is awash in an ocean of liquidity. And even though the Fed may, or may not, tighten this year, the rest of the developed world is printing money at a frantic pace...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Financial Repression – The Greatest Wealth Transfer in History
In Jim’s first Big Picture topic, “Financial Repression – the greatest wealth transfer in history,” Jim discusses the current deliberate policy pursued by governments and central banks. Jim gives an historical background on financial repression, first seen...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: On the Record
Apr 11 – This week on the Big Picture, John interviews Jim in a format they call On the Record. Some of the topics Jim addresses include why he is still bullish on the stock market, the potential for a recession in the US, and his views on energy and peak oil...
Peak Oil Reports
- BP Energy Outlook 2030
- BP Statistical Review
- DoE: Critical Materials Strategy
- IEA Oil Market Report
- Oil: The Next Revolution (Harvard)
- Sustainable Energy Security (Chatham)
- The Oil Crunch (ITPOES)
- Shell Energy Scenarios to 2050
- Status of World Oil Reserves ($)
- The Next Oil Shock (NZ Parliament)
- The Export Capacity Index (ASPO-USA)
"Oil and natural gas are depleting resources. Investment in these areas will be important in the years ahead." — Jim Puplava
"...we passed the peak on December 16, 2005." — Kenneth S. Deffeyes