Market Focus: Energy
- Oct 20 Three Perspectives on Falling Oil Prices by Global Risk Insights
- Oct 16 Plunging Oil Prices a Game-Changer for Major Pipeline Projects by Jeff Rubin
- Oct 16 Oil Prices Continue to Define Geopolitics by Stratfor
- Oct 15 Saudi Arabia Still Calling the Shots by Robert Rapier
- Oct 14 How Long Can U.S. Production Survive Low Oil Prices? by Oil Price
- Oct 10 Weekday Wrap-Up: Bitcoins and Goldbugs, Q3 Earnings Signals, $40 Oil, and Geopolitical Feedback Loops by FS Staff
- Oct 10 The Bell Tolls for KiOR by Robert Rapier
- Oct 10 How Oil Is Tanking the Market by Sheraz Mian
- Oct 09 Stocks Slide as Volatility Returns; Is China Now the World's Largest Economy? by Cris Sheridan
- Oct 09 Meaningful Energy Bottom Close at Hand by Ryan Puplava CMT
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Stocks vs. Bonds – Do You Really Understand the Risk?
Oct 18 – In the first Big Picture topic this week, Jim compares the risk of stocks vs. bonds. Volatility has increased in the stock market and this week money was pouring into the bond market after stocks corrected, driving interest rates to the lowest levels since 2013.
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Trouble in the Oil Patch
Oct 4 – The first topic this week is “Trouble in the Oil Patch”. Jim looks at the weakness in oil prices over the last few months. He discusses seasonal factors, and the recent strength in the dollar. He sees the weakness lasting another month or so, but the weather forecast for a very cold winter will likely change that trend as the demand for energy ramps up.
The Big Picture with Jim Puplava & Erik Townsend (Part 1)
In part-one of a special two-part Big Picture conversation between Jim Puplava and Erik Townsend, they take on the topic of Peak Oil. Is it a disproven idea, or just delayed? What are the new timelines, and is the US really on the cusp of energy independence?
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: On The Record
In a special late summer edition of “On The Record”, John interviews Jim on a range of economic topics, starting with his views on the Crisis Window of 2014-2016, Peak Oil, and precious metals. Jim also gives his views on the theme of “Advantage America” and the growing manufacturing and energy renaissance in the U.S., as well as the rapid advances in...
Peak Oil Reports
- BP Energy Outlook 2030
- BP Statistical Review
- DoE: Critical Materials Strategy
- IEA Oil Market Report
- Oil: The Next Revolution (Harvard)
- Sustainable Energy Security (Chatham)
- The Oil Crunch (ITPOES)
- Shell Energy Scenarios to 2050
- Status of World Oil Reserves ($)
- The Next Oil Shock (NZ Parliament)
- The Export Capacity Index (ASPO-USA)
"Oil and natural gas are depleting resources. Investment in these areas will be important in the years ahead." — Jim Puplava
"...we passed the peak on December 16, 2005." — Kenneth S. Deffeyes