Market Focus: Energy
- Apr 27 Highlights of the 2015 Annual Energy Outlook by Robert Rapier
- Apr 24 Bad News About Oil Prices by BCA Research
- Apr 24 Weekday Wrap-Up: Mixed Warning Signals, Grid Defection, and the Repricing of US Debt by FS Staff
- Apr 22 Second Quarter Outlook by Chris Puplava
- Apr 19 A Strong Dollar May Not Be as Bad as Feared by Bob Eisenbeis
- Apr 17 Is Saudi Arabia Setting the World Up for Major Oil Price Spike? by Oil Price
- Apr 17 Weekday Wrap-Up: Did a Billion-Dollar Buyout Just Signal the Bottom in Oil? by FS Staff
- Apr 16 Crude Prices Surge as the Pieces Fall Into Place by Robert Rapier
- Apr 15 BCA: Geopolitical Forces Likely to Push Oil Lower Near Term by BCA Research
- Apr 10 Despite Iran deal, Price War Will Dominate 2015 Oil Markets by Global Risk Insights
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Financial Repression – Part II
Apr 25 – Jim’s first Big Picture topic this week is “Financial Repression – Part II”. The world is awash in an ocean of liquidity. And even though the Fed may, or may not, tighten this year, the rest of the developed world is printing money at a frantic pace...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Financial Repression – The Greatest Wealth Transfer in History
In Jim’s first Big Picture topic, “Financial Repression – the greatest wealth transfer in history,” Jim discusses the current deliberate policy pursued by governments and central banks. Jim gives an historical background on financial repression, first seen...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: On the Record
Apr 11 – This week on the Big Picture, John interviews Jim in a format they call On the Record. Some of the topics Jim addresses include why he is still bullish on the stock market, the potential for a recession in the US, and his views on energy and peak oil...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Yellen Is Tellin: It Is Going to Be a Slow Slog
Mar 21 – In the first Big Picture topic this week Jim analyzes the latest statement from Janet Yellen and the Federal Reserve. Jim and John discuss what it means for the economy, the markets, and for investors. The fact that the word “patient” was...
Peak Oil Reports
- BP Energy Outlook 2030
- BP Statistical Review
- DoE: Critical Materials Strategy
- IEA Oil Market Report
- Oil: The Next Revolution (Harvard)
- Sustainable Energy Security (Chatham)
- The Oil Crunch (ITPOES)
- Shell Energy Scenarios to 2050
- Status of World Oil Reserves ($)
- The Next Oil Shock (NZ Parliament)
- The Export Capacity Index (ASPO-USA)
"Oil and natural gas are depleting resources. Investment in these areas will be important in the years ahead." — Jim Puplava
"...we passed the peak on December 16, 2005." — Kenneth S. Deffeyes