Market Focus: Energy
- Mar 26 Crude Oil Inventories Should Peak Soon by Robert Rapier
- Mar 24 Q1 Earnings Season Is Going to Be Ugly by Sheraz Mian
- Mar 24 Felix Zulauf: Asset Prices Will Continue to Inflate as China Joins the Party Next by FS Staff
- Mar 23 Invisible Solar Cells to Harvest Free Energy Everywhere by Danielle Park
- Mar 23 Our Top 10 Must-Listen Broadcasts for 2015 by FS Staff
- Mar 20 "Wall of Money" Hitting Market Before 2016-2017 Global Crisis by FS Staff
- Mar 19 Nuclear Deal Offers Only a Glimmer of Hope for Iran’s Economy by Global Risk Insights
- Mar 19 Louise Yamada on "Very Frustrating" Fed-Induced Bull Market by FS Staff
- Mar 18 Now the Energy Pain Begins: 100,000 Layoffs and Counting by Oil Price
- Mar 18 Is There a Bubble Brewing in Biotech? by FS Staff
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Yellen Is Tellin: It Is Going to Be a Slow Slog
Mar 21 – In the first Big Picture topic this week Jim analyzes the latest statement from Janet Yellen and the Federal Reserve. Jim and John discuss what it means for the economy, the markets, and for investors. The fact that the word “patient” was...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: On the Record (Part 2)
Jan 3 – In part-two of a special year-end On The Record interview, John interviews Jim on an array of economic topics as well as his own philosophy on investing. In this segment, John asks Jim what makes him different as an investment advisor, and why...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: On The Record Part 1
Dec 27 – In part-one of a special year-end On The Record interview, Jim and John cover many economic and investment topics, including Jim’s views on peak oil, how the financial industry has changed since Jim started over 30 years ago...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: The New World Oil Order (Part 2) – The Paper Chase and the Oil Glut
Dec 13 – Last week in the Big Picture Jim delved into the causes of oil’s big decline. This week, Jim will follow up on this theme, discussing a number of important questions; is this trend in oil permanent? If not, how long will it last? What will be the impact on the economy, good or bad?
Peak Oil Reports
- BP Energy Outlook 2030
- BP Statistical Review
- DoE: Critical Materials Strategy
- IEA Oil Market Report
- Oil: The Next Revolution (Harvard)
- Sustainable Energy Security (Chatham)
- The Oil Crunch (ITPOES)
- Shell Energy Scenarios to 2050
- Status of World Oil Reserves ($)
- The Next Oil Shock (NZ Parliament)
- The Export Capacity Index (ASPO-USA)
"Oil and natural gas are depleting resources. Investment in these areas will be important in the years ahead." — Jim Puplava
"...we passed the peak on December 16, 2005." — Kenneth S. Deffeyes