Market Focus: Global/International
- Jan 18 May Answers the Big Brexit Question by Stratfor
- Jan 18 A Trade War Is in No One's Interest by Ghassan Abdallah
- Jan 17 Trump's Comments Send the Dollar Reeling by Marc Chandler
- Jan 13 India Pays the Price of Demonetization by Stratfor
- Jan 12 Gold Stalls at $1205 as Chinese New Year Approaches by Adrian Ash
- Jan 12 The 2017 Outlook: Shifting Regimes by BCA Research
- Jan 12 Rally in Oil Continues on Global Cues, Saudi Cut by Marc Chandler
- Jan 11 Japan: An Inflection Point by David Kotok
- Jan 11 A Trade War That Cannot Be Won by Stratfor
- Jan 10 Global Equities to Trend Higher by BCA Research
- Jan 09 Three Possible Scenarios for China by Michael Pettis
- Jan 04 Key Themes for 2017: Earnings, the Dollar, Tax Cuts and Stimulus by Matthew Kerkhoff
- Jan 04 Universal Basic Income and Radical Populism: Making the Link by Stratfor
- Jan 03 'True Safe Haven' Gold Prices Firm vs. Rising Dollar as Trump Argues Trade War With China by Adrian Ash
- Jan 03 A US Retreat on Global Trade Will Not Lead to a Shift in Power by Michael Pettis
2016: A Year of Surprises
Dec 24 – As a real-time barometer of economic and financial anxiety, the double-digit plunge in global markets at the start of 2016 reflected nothing but pessimism on the part of investors. The US and global economy were slowing...
Global Paradigm Shift; Economy: Fact and Fiction
Dec 10 – In today’s Big Picture podcast, Jim discusses the tumultuous forces driving a populous backlash against globalism and why this represents a paradigm shift filled with big upsets and changing investment behavior.
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Trump and the Great Reflation
Nov 19 – Donald Trump has won the election and now plans to provide a major boost to the economy. Will it succeed and delay the onset of a recession or will the “great reflation” get stopped dead in its tracks as interest rates climb steadily higher? Jim discusses...
Jim Rickards on the "The Road to Ruin"
Nov 12 – For today's Big Picture, we speak with the always popular Jim Rickards to discuss his new book, "The Road to Ruin: The Global Elites' Secret Plan for the Next Financial Crisis."