Market Focus: Global/International
- Sep 30 Germany Fights on Two Fronts to Preserve the Eurozone by Stratfor
- Sep 29 How Much Longer Can the Global Trading System Last? by Michael Pettis
- Sep 29 Why a Peak in the Bond Market May Be Near by Sober Look
- Sep 24 From Bravery to Prosperity: A Six-Year Plan to Make Scotland the Wealthiest Anglosphere Region of All by John Butler
- Sep 23 Are Japanese Equities Discounting Further QE Ahead? by Chris Puplava
- Sep 22 The Counter-Intuitive Rise of the U.S. Dollar by Charles Hugh Smith
- Sep 22 G7 GDP Growth Before and After Crisis by Marc Chandler
- Sep 22 Ukraine on the Brink by Sober Look
- Sep 19 Martin Armstrong: Capital Herding Into the U.S., Likely to Push Dollar, Stocks Higher Into Next Year by FS Staff
- Sep 18 PBoC Joins Other Major Central Banks With Unconventional Monetary Policy Action by Sober Look
- Sep 18 Jim Bianco on Gold, Oil, and Why the Market Doesn't Care About Geopolitical Events by FS Staff
- Sep 17 Can Gold Finally Recover? by Clif Droke
- Sep 17 Four Places That Could Become Water Conflict Zones by Global Risk Insights
- Sep 16 Soros Issues Major Warning; U.K. Sees Large Outflows by Christopher Quigley
- Sep 16 Louis-Vincent Gave: Asia Best Looking Market Right Now by FS Staff
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: LEIs Signaling a Soft Patch Ahead
Jim’s first Big Picture topic is about the Leading Economic Indicators (LEIs) and why they are signaling a soft patch ahead. They indicate weakness in housing, mortgage applications and durable goods. Jim discusses the reasons behind the soft patch and why it will likely be temporary.
The Big Picture with Jim Puplava & Erik Townsend (Part 1)
In part-one of a special two-part Big Picture conversation between Jim Puplava and Erik Townsend, they take on the topic of Peak Oil. Is it a disproven idea, or just delayed? What are the new timelines, and is the US really on the cusp of energy independence?
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: On The Record
In a special late summer edition of “On The Record”, John interviews Jim on a range of economic topics, starting with his views on the Crisis Window of 2014-2016, Peak Oil, and precious metals. Jim also gives his views on the theme of “Advantage America” and the growing manufacturing and energy renaissance in the U.S., as well as the rapid advances in...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: The Old Normal, The New Normal, Inflation and Oil
In Jim’s first topic on the Big Picture he explains how the world operates much differently today, with interest rates at half century lows and global economic growth at anemic levels. Jim goes into detail into how the “New Normal” operates, and how it is related to both inflation and the price and politics of oil.
"In the early 1840s editor Horace Greeley encouraged his readers to go West. Today I encourage our readers consider the East in the 21st century." – Jim Puplava