Market Focus: Global/International
- Dec 19 Russia’s Crisis Is Europe’s Crisis by Christopher Quigley
- Dec 19 What Are Technical Indicators Saying About the Market? by Sy Harding
- Dec 19 Implications for the Stock Market and Gold with a Yen Rally by Chris Puplava
- Dec 19 The Burning Questions for 2015 by John Mauldin
- Dec 18 China’s Pivot Toward Europe May Cut U.S. Out of Deal by Oil Price
- Dec 17 Does Russia Present a Systemic Threat to Global Markets? by Marc Chandler
- Dec 17 Draghi Risks Becoming the Boy Who Cried Wolf Over QE by Global Risk Insights
- Dec 16 Viewing Russia From the Inside by Stratfor
- Dec 16 Red Flags in Russia by Patrick O'Hare
- Dec 16 Competition Finally Upsets the Biggest Monopoly of All: OPEC by Walter Donway
- Dec 16 U.S. vs. Global Shock by Tim Duy PhD
- Dec 16 Mish’s Take: What’s Behind the Plunge in Oil? Boon to Spending or Recessionary? by Michael Shedlock
- Dec 15 Draghi Now Has All the Ammunition He Needs for QE - Implementation Still a Problem by Sober Look
- Dec 15 Greece’s Snap Elections Increase Uncertainty About EU Future by Global Risk Insights
- Dec 15 My Reading of the FT on China’s “Turning Away From the Dollar” by Michael Pettis
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: 2014 - A Year of Surprises
Dec 20 – In this special edition of the Big Picture, Jim and John look back at 2014, a “Year of Surprises”. Jim had predicted a good year with some bumps, but there were also an amazing amount of economic and geopolitical twists and turns in 2014. Jim details many of the surprises during the year, including the continuing drop in...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: The New World Oil Order
Dec 6 – In Jim’s first Big Picture topic, he explores what has changed since July, when the price of WTI crude was $107 a barrel and is now selling in the $66 range. Has the world changed that much in five months? Jim looks at global economic growth rates, as well as the global supply of oil. He also discusses the critical topic of a shifting power structure in energy.
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: The Swiss Gold Initiative With Luzi Stamm, Member of the Swiss National Council
Nov 29 – In a reprise edition of the Big Picture from last summer, Jim speaks exclusively with Luzi Stamm, member of the Swiss National Council, and one of the leaders of The Swiss Gold Initiative (the vote takes place November 30th). The initiative will mandate no more sales of Swiss gold by the government...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Oil Wars - Risks and Opportunities
Nov 8 – This week on the Big Picture Jim and Erik Townsend join forces to cover a topic of crucial importance to the global economy, the “war” over oil and it’s price going forward. Many market observers thought there was an effective $100 floor under Brent crude.
"In the early 1840s editor Horace Greeley encouraged his readers to go West. Today I encourage our readers consider the East in the 21st century." – Jim Puplava