Market Focus: Global/International
- Nov 24 Russia Might Be Forced to Cut Oil Production by Oil Price
- Nov 24 Gary Shilling on Interest Rates, Deleveraging, and Corporate Profits by FS Staff
- Nov 21 Swiss Gold Initiative: Good Idea With Unintended Consequences by Keith Weiner
- Nov 21 U.S. Sees Record Foreign Inflows As Economic Indicators Reach Decade Highs by Chris Puplava
- Nov 21 Markets Rally on Surprise Easing by China by Sheraz Mian
- Nov 21 Global Economies Will Dictate Rate Hike Timing by Sy Harding
- Nov 20 Notes on Russia by John Mauldin
- Nov 20 Eurozone Moves in Wrong Direction, While the British Go Shopping and Japanese Exports Jump by Marc Chandler
- Nov 20 China Manufacturing PMI and Output Back in Contraction by Michael Shedlock
- Nov 19 Forex Scandal Exposes Difficulty of Financial Regulation by Global Risk Insights
- Nov 19 As the ‘Sanctions War’ Heats Up, Will Putin Play His Gold Card? by John Butler
- Nov 18 Great Graphic: Shifting Center of World Economy by Marc Chandler
- Nov 17 Japan Falls Into Surprise Recession by Sheraz Mian
- Nov 14 U.S. Retail Offsets Eurozone Weakness by Sheraz Mian
- Nov 14 The Unfolding Economic Crisis in Europe by Christopher Quigley
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Oil Wars - Risks and Opportunities
Nov 8 – This week on the Big Picture Jim and Erik Townsend join forces to cover a topic of crucial importance to the global economy, the “war” over oil and it’s price going forward. Many market observers thought there was an effective $100 floor under Brent crude.
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Trouble in the Oil Patch
Oct 4 – The first topic this week is “Trouble in the Oil Patch”. Jim looks at the weakness in oil prices over the last few months. He discusses seasonal factors, and the recent strength in the dollar. He sees the weakness lasting another month or so, but the weather forecast for a very cold winter will likely change that trend as the demand for energy ramps up.
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: LEIs Signaling a Soft Patch Ahead
Sep 27 – Jim’s first Big Picture topic is about the Leading Economic Indicators (LEIs) and why they are signaling a soft patch ahead. They indicate weakness in housing, mortgage applications and durable goods. Jim discusses the reasons behind the soft patch and why it will likely be temporary.
The Big Picture with Jim Puplava & Erik Townsend (Part 1)
In part-one of a special two-part Big Picture conversation between Jim Puplava and Erik Townsend, they take on the topic of Peak Oil. Is it a disproven idea, or just delayed? What are the new timelines, and is the US really on the cusp of energy independence?
"In the early 1840s editor Horace Greeley encouraged his readers to go West. Today I encourage our readers consider the East in the 21st century." – Jim Puplava