Market Focus: Global/International
- Apr 24 Weekday Wrap-Up: Mixed Warning Signals, Grid Defection, and the Repricing of US Debt by FS Staff
- Apr 24 Pascal’s Wager by Jared Dillian
- Apr 23 Gold, the SDR and BRICS by Alasdair Macleod
- Apr 23 The Race to Diversify - Too Much Paper, Too Little Gold by Marc Chandler
- Apr 23 China’s New Investment Bank: A Premature Prophecy by Stratfor
- Apr 22 Half a Bubble Off Dead Center by John Mauldin
- Apr 21 Implications of the Secular Stagnation Debate by Global Risk Insights
- Apr 21 The 'Grexit' Issue and the Problem of Free Trade by George Friedman PhD
- Apr 21 Global Uncertainty With the Upper Hand by Sheraz Mian
- Apr 20 Bank of Greece Expulsion From the Eurosystem Could Be Especially Damaging to the Currency Union by Sober Look
- Apr 20 Global Markets Up on PBOC Move by Patrick O'Hare
- Apr 17 Weekday Wrap-Up: Did a Billion-Dollar Buyout Just Signal the Bottom in Oil? by FS Staff
- Apr 17 King Dollar Hurting Earnings! by Puru Saxena
- Apr 17 Is Saudi Arabia Setting the World Up for Major Oil Price Spike? by Oil Price
- Apr 17 Markets Retreat on Increased Risk of Greek Default by Sheraz Mian
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Financial Repression – Part II
Apr 25 – Jim’s first Big Picture topic this week is “Financial Repression – Part II”. The world is awash in an ocean of liquidity. And even though the Fed may, or may not, tighten this year, the rest of the developed world is printing money at a frantic pace...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Financial Repression – The Greatest Wealth Transfer in History
In Jim’s first Big Picture topic, “Financial Repression – the greatest wealth transfer in history,” Jim discusses the current deliberate policy pursued by governments and central banks. Jim gives an historical background on financial repression, first seen...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: On the Record
Apr 11 – This week on the Big Picture, John interviews Jim in a format they call On the Record. Some of the topics Jim addresses include why he is still bullish on the stock market, the potential for a recession in the US, and his views on energy and peak oil...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Cross Currents – Integration & Disconnect
Apr 4 – Jim’s first Big Picture topic this week is “Cross Currents – Integration & Disconnect”, which deals with the global cross currents stemming from diverging monetary policies. The Federal Reserve is closer to raising rates and the rest of the world’s...
"In the early 1840s editor Horace Greeley encouraged his readers to go West. Today I encourage our readers consider the East in the 21st century." – Jim Puplava