Market Focus: Global/International
- Dec 18 China’s Pivot Toward Europe May Cut U.S. Out of Deal by Oil Price
- Dec 17 Draghi Risks Becoming the Boy Who Cried Wolf Over QE by Global Risk Insights
- Dec 17 Does Russia Present a Systemic Threat to Global Markets? by Marc Chandler
- Dec 16 Competition Finally Upsets the Biggest Monopoly of All: OPEC by Walter Donway
- Dec 16 U.S. vs. Global Shock by Tim Duy PhD
- Dec 16 Mish’s Take: What’s Behind the Plunge in Oil? Boon to Spending or Recessionary? by Michael Shedlock
- Dec 16 Viewing Russia From the Inside by Stratfor
- Dec 16 Red Flags in Russia by Patrick O'Hare
- Dec 15 My Reading of the FT on China’s “Turning Away From the Dollar” by Michael Pettis
- Dec 15 Draghi Now Has All the Ammunition He Needs for QE - Implementation Still a Problem by Sober Look
- Dec 15 Greece’s Snap Elections Increase Uncertainty About EU Future by Global Risk Insights
- Dec 13 Weekday Wrap-Up: No Hyperinflation, Years of Low Oil Prices, and a Bubble in Stocks by FS Staff
- Dec 12 How the Rising Dollar Could Trigger the Next Global Financial Crisis by John Mauldin
- Dec 11 Why I’ve Finally Thrown in the Towel on the TSX by Jeff Rubin
- Dec 11 Charts Show 28 Seriously Troubled Mega-Banks: 24 of Them in Europe by Michael Shedlock
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: The New World Oil Order
Dec 6 – In Jim’s first Big Picture topic, he explores what has changed since July, when the price of WTI crude was $107 a barrel and is now selling in the $66 range. Has the world changed that much in five months? Jim looks at global economic growth rates, as well as the global supply of oil. He also discusses the critical topic of a shifting power structure in energy.
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: The Swiss Gold Initiative With Luzi Stamm, Member of the Swiss National Council
Nov 29 – In a reprise edition of the Big Picture from last summer, Jim speaks exclusively with Luzi Stamm, member of the Swiss National Council, and one of the leaders of The Swiss Gold Initiative (the vote takes place November 30th). The initiative will mandate no more sales of Swiss gold by the government...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Oil Wars - Risks and Opportunities
Nov 8 – This week on the Big Picture Jim and Erik Townsend join forces to cover a topic of crucial importance to the global economy, the “war” over oil and it’s price going forward. Many market observers thought there was an effective $100 floor under Brent crude.
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Trouble in the Oil Patch
Oct 4 – The first topic this week is “Trouble in the Oil Patch”. Jim looks at the weakness in oil prices over the last few months. He discusses seasonal factors, and the recent strength in the dollar. He sees the weakness lasting another month or so, but the weather forecast for a very cold winter will likely change that trend as the demand for energy ramps up.
"In the early 1840s editor Horace Greeley encouraged his readers to go West. Today I encourage our readers consider the East in the 21st century." – Jim Puplava