Market Focus: Markets
- Dec 18 Deflationary Indicators Yawn at Fed’s Growth Confidence by Danielle Park
- Dec 17 Recent Hindenburg Omens Signaled Caution, Now What? by Chris Puplava
- Dec 13 Weekday Wrap-Up: No Hyperinflation, Years of Low Oil Prices, and a Bubble in Stocks by FS Staff
- Dec 12 What Hindenburg Omens and an Oil Crash Mean by Tom McClellan
- Dec 12 Dollar Consolidates as Oil Slide Continues by Marc Chandler
- Dec 12 Congress Has Guaranteed the Secular Bear Market Is Not Over by Sy Harding
- Dec 12 Contrarians Take Note: Investors Betting Big on Stocks by Urban Carmel
- Dec 11 Why I’ve Finally Thrown in the Towel on the TSX by Jeff Rubin
- Dec 11 Could the Fed Trigger a Deflationary Slide in Stocks? by Chris Ciovacco
- Dec 11 Energy Sector Woes Continue to Weigh on Market as Risks of Default Increase by Chris Puplava
- Dec 10 S&P 500 Company Sales Are Accelerating and Margins Are Expanding by Urban Carmel
- Dec 10 Jeff Rubin: Falling Oil Prices "Harbinger of What's to Come" by FS Staff
- Dec 09 Technician: Violent Corrections Typical of Late-Stage Bull Markets; Focus on Large-Caps by FS Staff
- Dec 09 With an Eye Toward Early 2015 by Sheraz Mian
- Dec 08 Japan's GDP and China's Trade Disappoint by Marc Chandler
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: The Endgame – The Grand Finale and The Meltdown
Nov 29 – In a special reprise edition of the Big Picture, Jim looks at where we are in the market cycle, close to the top, or heading higher? Jim lays out the case that macro forces favor higher stock prices for an extended period. He looks at where we may be in this bull market, and makes historical...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Looking Back & Forward – Megatrends
Nov 15 – In this week’s Big Picture Jim gives an overview of the seven megatrends that will reshape the next decade. He also looks at the situation in Washington after the midterm elections and whether investors should expect the same level of political drama in years past.
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Manias, Panics & Corrections
Nov 1 – In Jim’s first Big Picture topic, Jim discusses why we haven’t seen a market crash, and why the conditions aren’t there at present for a mania or a crash, outside of a rogue wave situation. He notes that conditions don’t favor a speculative boom and despite the Fed’s money printing...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Shareholder Yield – Why Stock Buybacks and Dividend Increases Make Sense in a Low Interest Rate World
Oct 25 – In Jim’s first Big Picture topic this week, he delves into shareholder yield, and shows why stock buybacks and dividend increases from stock ownership make so much sense in an era of financial repression and zero percent interest rates.