Market Focus: Markets
- Apr 16 Two Measures of Inflation by Doug Short
- Apr 16 U.S. to Foreign Officials: Stop Buying U.S. Treasuries by Marc Chandler
- Apr 16 5 Reasons for a Q2 Decline in U.S. Interest Rates by John Kosar CMT
- Apr 16 The Earnings Parade Accelerates by Sheraz Mian
- Apr 15 Shareholder Value: Getting Rich Slowly by James J Puplava CFP
- Apr 14 Don’t Bet on Treasury Rally to Continue by Sober Look
- Apr 14 Q1 Earnings in Focus by Sheraz Mian
- Apr 11 The Market Is Too Dependent on Hopes That Await Evidence by Sy Harding
- Apr 11 Further Downside May Be Ahead, Though Long-Term Trend Still Intact by Chris Puplava
- Apr 10 Year of the Gas by Ryan Puplava CMT
- Apr 10 Risk On, Regardless by John Mauldin
- Apr 09 Fed Jawboning, Minutes Give Stocks a Lift by Chris Ciovacco
- Apr 09 Datawatch CEO: Big Data Getting Even Bigger; Technology Evolving Very Quickly by FS Staff
- Apr 09 4 Key Reasons for CAPEX Accelerating by Sober Look
- Apr 08 Technician: No Signs of a Market Top; Use Pullbacks as Buying Opportunities by FS Staff
Kurt Wulff: The Coming Opportunities in Natural Gas
Jim welcomes back Kurt H. Wulff CFA, Independent Energy Analyst at McDep LLC. Kurt and Jim discuss the best way to play the next move in the natural gas sector. Kurt lists the companies he believes are best positioned to take advantage of higher natural gas prices.
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Mixed Messages – Crash, Correction or Recession?
In Jim’s first Big Picture topic this week, Jim and John look at the recent market correction and discusses if we are headed for trouble, and what is behind this year’s choppiness in the markets. Jim sees much of it due to Fed policy and discusses the market’s reaction to Janet Yellen, as the Fed continues to taper.
Technician Shelley Moen: Ignore All the Noise – Focus on Quality Stocks
Jim welcomes back Shelley Moen CMT, Senior Market Strategist at Vermilion Technical Research, LLC. Shelley notes that market jitters are not unusual during earnings season, and it’s certainly not unusual to see market pull-backs after strong years in 2012 and 2013.
Pierre Lassonde: Gold Will Trend Sideways Until Inflation Rises in the U.S.
Jim is pleased to welcome Pierre Lassonde, Chairman of Franco-Nevada Corporation. In a wide-ranging interview Pierre and Jim discuss the gold market and the mining sector, as well as how Franco Nevada started the royalty model in the gold industry.