Market Focus: Markets
- Apr 23 Get Ready for Europe to Print – Core Euro CPI Annual Rate Matches Multi-Decade Low by Chris Puplava
- Apr 23 Das: No Hard Landing for China, but Globalization Has Peaked by FS Staff
- Apr 22 Jim Rickards on the Death of Money, China, and Financial Warfare by Jim Rickards
- Apr 22 Turning Points by Thomas J Smith CFA
- Apr 21 A Big Earnings Week Ahead by Sheraz Mian
- Apr 21 Market Beginning to Shift Inflation Expectations by Sober Look
- Apr 21 The Adaptive Genius of Rigged Markets by Ben Hunt PhD
- Apr 17 We Again See Real Estate As Best Investment by Tim Iacono
- Apr 16 5 Reasons for a Q2 Decline in U.S. Interest Rates by John Kosar CMT
- Apr 16 The Earnings Parade Accelerates by Sheraz Mian
- Apr 16 Two Measures of Inflation by Doug Short
- Apr 16 U.S. to Foreign Officials: Stop Buying U.S. Treasuries by Marc Chandler
- Apr 15 Shareholder Value: Getting Rich Slowly by James J Puplava CFP
- Apr 14 Q1 Earnings in Focus by Sheraz Mian
- Apr 14 Don’t Bet on Treasury Rally to Continue by Sober Look
Ned Schmidt: Fundamentals Point to Higher Food Prices Ahead
Jim welcomes back Ned Schmidt CFA, Publisher of The Agri-Food Value View and The Value View Gold Reports at Schmidt Management Company. Ned and Jim discuss the agriculture sector this week, and Ned notes many fundamental factors that indicate higher food prices are coming.
Technician Louise Yamada: 2014 Will Be a Bumpy Ride For Investors – Stay Alert
Jim welcomes back Louise Yamada CMT, Managing Director of Louise Yamada Technical Research Advisors. Louise believes that we’re experiencing a market consolidation, not a top. She sees the February lows as key support levels for the markets. However, Louise noted that investors need to stay alert, as she expects a bumpy ride this year in the markets.
Felix Zulauf: Expect a 20% Correction This Year
In a special reprise edition of the Financial Sense Newshour from February, Jim welcomes Felix Zulauf, Founder and President of Zulauf Asset Management AG in Zug, Switzerland and a member of Barron’s Roundtable for over 20 years. Felix notes that while the markets experienced a tactical rally, the combination of global slowdown, technical deterioration in equity markets, and...
Dr. Ben Hunt: How Sentiment and Narratives Shape the Crowd
Cris Sheridan, Senior Editor of Financial Sense, sits in for Jim to welcome Dr. Ben Hunt, author of the popular newsletter Epsilon Theory, to discuss the role and dynamics of sentiment, particularly through the structure of narratives, in shaping the investment crowd.