Market Focus: Markets
- Aug 20 Back on the Cusp of All-Time Highs by Sheraz Mian
- Aug 19 U.S. Financials/Consumer Staples: Stick With It by BCA Research
- Aug 19 Are Overseas Capital Inflows Pushing Up U.S. Markets? by Charles Hugh Smith
- Aug 19 Novel Fuel Resources, the Force of Economics and the Renewed East–West Power Struggle by Oliver Inderwildi PhD
- Aug 19 Has the 2014-2016 Crisis Window Been Delayed? by FS Staff
- Aug 18 Stay on Board by Puru Saxena
- Aug 18 What Are the Smart Guys Saying? by Thomas J Smith CFA
- Aug 18 Lucid Dreaming! by Jeffrey D Saut
- Aug 15 News: Gold Takes a Momentary Hit; Soros Bets on Stock Crash; Ukraine Destroys Armored Russian Convoy by FS Staff
- Aug 15 Bonds Persist in Their Warning About the U.S. Economy by Sy Harding
- Aug 15 Q2 Earnings Success - Will It Stick Around? by Sheraz Mian
- Aug 15 While "A" Bottom Is In, Is It "THE" Bottom? by Chris Puplava
- Aug 14 Russian Bear Rattles Markets, But PPT Rides to the Rescue by Gary Dorsch
- Aug 13 The Religion of Doom and Gloom by FS Staff
- Aug 13 Market Trends Still Bullish by Richard Russell
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Be Greedy When Others Are Fearful, and Fearful When Others Are Greedy
Jim’s first Big Picture topic this week is a reference to the Warren Buffett quotation. He uses this sage market advice to critique the “fear” industry, which is always trying to scare investors, no matter the economic fundamentals or reality. The second topic is “A Guaranteed Stock Market Correction”, which refers to...
The Big Picture: Erik Townsend on “The Relentless Bid”
Erik Townsend sits in for Jim this week on the Big Picture. Erik’s first topic is “The Relentless Bid”. Erik looks at why the stock market has seen such an unprecedented and nearly non-stop rally for the last five years...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: U.S. Real Estate – The Good, Not So Good, and The Bad
Jim’s first Big Picture topic covers the state of the U.S. real estate market. He finds that real estate reports have been mixed, and as usual it boils down to location, location, location. Jim also notes that the real estate market is interest rate driven, and it cooled off considerably as mortgage rates rose in the second half of 2013.
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Peak Oil – Delayed But Not Resolved
Jim’s first topic on the Big Picture this week is “Peak Oil – Delayed but Not Resolved”. Jim lays out the issue of Peak Oil in depth, and quotes studies that believe it could still arrive by the end of this decade. Jim also looks at the Shale Revolution in the US and discusses how long the shale story may delay the onset of Peak Oil.