Market Focus: Markets
- Nov 21 Investor Sentiment in the Balance by Clif Droke
- Nov 21 U.S. Sees Record Foreign Inflows As Economic Indicators Reach Decade Highs by Chris Puplava
- Nov 21 Markets Rally on Surprise Easing by China by Sheraz Mian
- Nov 19 How Have Our Forecasts Played Out This Year? by FS Staff
- Nov 19 Trend Changes and the Dangers of Crying Wolf by Jon Strebler
- Nov 19 Housing Data Broadly Mixed by Sheraz Mian
- Nov 18 Credit Markets Signaling Near-Term Caution by Chris Puplava
- Nov 17 2015 Is Shaping Up to Be a “Turkey” of a Year for the U.S. Economy and Stock Market by Paul Kasriel
- Nov 14 Year-End Rally by Puru Saxena
- Nov 14 Stock Market Risks Getting Stung by Patrick O'Hare
- Nov 14 Several Bullish Supports Suggest Bears Should Temper Their Outlook by Chris Puplava
- Nov 13 Chinese Stocks Outperform as Foreign Money Pours In by Matthew Kerkhoff
- Nov 13 Taking Stock of Q3 Earnings Season by Sheraz Mian
- Nov 12 Don't Fight the Dollar by Cris Sheridan
- Nov 12 Japan’s QE-Driven Inequality Will Continue to Grow by Sober Look
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Looking Back & Forward – Megatrends
Nov 15 – In this week’s Big Picture Jim gives an overview of the seven megatrends that will reshape the next decade. He also looks at the situation in Washington after the midterm elections and whether investors should expect the same level of political drama in years past.
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Manias, Panics & Corrections
Nov 1 – In Jim’s first Big Picture topic, Jim discusses why we haven’t seen a market crash, and why the conditions aren’t there at present for a mania or a crash, outside of a rogue wave situation. He notes that conditions don’t favor a speculative boom and despite the Fed’s money printing...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Shareholder Yield – Why Stock Buybacks and Dividend Increases Make Sense in a Low Interest Rate World
Oct 25 – In Jim’s first Big Picture topic this week, he delves into shareholder yield, and shows why stock buybacks and dividend increases from stock ownership make so much sense in an era of financial repression and zero percent interest rates.
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Stocks vs. Bonds – Do You Really Understand the Risk?
Oct 18 – In the first Big Picture topic this week, Jim compares the risk of stocks vs. bonds. Volatility has increased in the stock market and this week money was pouring into the bond market after stocks corrected, driving interest rates to the lowest levels since 2013.