Market Focus: Markets
- Jul 22 Stocks Move Higher on Strong Earnings, Low Inflation Readings by Sheraz Mian
- Jul 22 The Catalysts for a Correction by Thomas J Smith CFA
- Jul 21 Is the Market Due for Another 10% Correction? by FS Staff
- Jul 21 Tapering Is Now Tightening by David Kotok
- Jul 21 How High is High? (To Whom?) by Jeffrey D Saut
- Jul 18 Will Investors Get Out In Time This Time? by Sy Harding
- Jul 18 Yellen Hints at Detrimental Fed Action by Dock Treece
- Jul 18 Phantom Liquidity and Perfect Pilfering by Michael Shedlock
- Jul 18 The First Victims of the End of QE – Small Cap Stocks and Junk Bonds by Chris Puplava
- Jul 18 Is It 1999 All Over Again? by Clif Droke
- Jul 17 Crises Take Longer Coming Than You Think, and Happen Much Faster Than You Thought by FS Staff
- Jul 17 Index Review by Ryan Puplava CMT
- Jul 16 Which Way Is Inflation Blowing? Watch Commodities by Gary Dorsch
- Jul 16 Positive Start to Q2 Earnings by Sheraz Mian
- Jul 16 Why Good Is the New Bad and Why You Should Buckle Up This Fall by Chris Puplava
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Peak Oil – Delayed But Not Resolved
Jim’s first topic on the Big Picture this week is “Peak Oil – Delayed but Not Resolved”. Jim lays out the issue of Peak Oil in depth, and quotes studies that believe it could still arrive by the end of this decade. Jim also looks at the Shale Revolution in the US and discusses how long the shale story may delay the onset of Peak Oil.
Why the U.S. Stock Market Is Still the Best Place to Be – A Conversation With Brian Pretti
Jim welcomes back Brian Pretti CFA, Managing Editor at ContraryInvestor.com. In a wide-ranging conversation, Brian and Jim discuss how the U.S. stock market is more attractive, even if by default, than markets in Europe or Asia.
The Market as a Complex Adaptive System: An Interview With Dr. Hamid Benbrahim
Cris Sheridan, Senior Editor of Financial Sense, welcomes Dr. Hamid Benbrahim where they discuss how the financial markets are a complex adaptive system and how economics alone is insufficient as a framework for understanding how complex adaptive systems operate...
James Bianco: The Economy Is Not as Strong as People Believe
Jim is pleased to welcome back James Bianco, President of Bianco Research, LLC. James covers a number of topics including the bond market, the direction of interest rates, QE from the Fed, and future Fed policy. He believes that the economy isn’t as strong as people believe, and that interest rates can go lower from here before rising.