Market Focus: Markets
- Sep 18 Companies' Stock Buybacks at Biggest Pace Since 2007 by Michael Shedlock
- Sep 18 Jim Bianco on Gold, Oil, and Why the Market Doesn't Care About Geopolitical Events by FS Staff
- Sep 18 Dow Theory: Yellow Flags or Green Light? by Chris Ciovacco
- Sep 17 Fed Expected to Clarify Course by Sheraz Mian
- Sep 17 Can Gold Finally Recover? by Clif Droke
- Sep 16 How Does the Stock Market Perform During Rate Hikes? by Matthew Kerkhoff
- Sep 16 Soros Issues Major Warning; U.K. Sees Large Outflows by Christopher Quigley
- Sep 16 Louis-Vincent Gave: Asia Best Looking Market Right Now by FS Staff
- Sep 15 The Perfect (Dollar) Storm – When Currencies Collide Part 2 by Chris Puplava
- Sep 15 Great Graphic: Three Fed Cycles and Stocks and Bonds by Marc Chandler
- Sep 12 Gold - Watch the €1000 Level by Tom McClellan
- Sep 12 Better Days Ahead by Puru Saxena
- Sep 11 The Perfect (Dollar) Storm – When Currencies Collide Part 1 by Chris Puplava
- Sep 10 Cause and Effect? by Brian Pretti CFA
- Sep 09 Transportation Stocks Boosted by Lower Oil Prices by Matthew Kerkhoff
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: The Endgame – The Grand Finale and The Meltdown
Jim’s first Big Picture topic this week deals with where we are in the market cycle, close to the top, or heading higher? Jim lays out the case that macro forces favor higher stock prices for an extended period. He looks at where we may be in this bull market, and makes historical comparisons to the bull market of the 1990’s.
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Ready or Not – Stock Prices Heading Higher
Jim’s first topic this week on the Big Picture is “Ready or Not, Stocks Heading Higher”. While many investors have been waiting all year, or longer, for a significant correction, Jim currently believes the market will be heading higher. He lists a number of favorable factors right now, including...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Be Greedy When Others Are Fearful, and Fearful When Others Are Greedy
Jim’s first Big Picture topic this week is a reference to the Warren Buffett quotation. He uses this sage market advice to critique the “fear” industry, which is always trying to scare investors, no matter the economic fundamentals or reality. The second topic is “A Guaranteed Stock Market Correction”, which refers to...
The Big Picture: Erik Townsend on “The Relentless Bid”
Erik Townsend sits in for Jim this week on the Big Picture. Erik’s first topic is “The Relentless Bid”. Erik looks at why the stock market has seen such an unprecedented and nearly non-stop rally for the last five years...