Market Focus: Metals, Minerals, & Mining
- Oct 21 Speak, Switzerland! by Walter Donway
- Oct 15 Gold Prices Spike 2% to 1-Month High as U.S. Stocks Dump With Bond Yields on Poor Retail Sales Data by Adrian Ash
- Oct 10 Weekday Wrap-Up: Bitcoins and Goldbugs, Q3 Earnings Signals, $40 Oil, and Geopolitical Feedback Loops by FS Staff
- Oct 09 Stocks Slide as Volatility Returns; Is China Now the World's Largest Economy? by Cris Sheridan
- Oct 08 Gold in Tug of War Between Asian Demand, Dollar Strength by Adrian Ash
- Oct 06 Technician: More Weakness Ahead for Stocks; Dollar Could Be Entering "New Structural Bull Market" by FS Staff
- Oct 03 Investors, Pay Attention: Causes and Implications of U.S. Dollar Strength by Monty Guild Tony Danaher
- Oct 03 Look Out Below for Gold by Sy Harding
- Oct 03 Weekday Wrap-Up: Gold, Cashless Societies, Bubbles, and Bull Markets by FS Staff
- Oct 02 Gold Investing “Negative” as Crude Oil Slumps, “Ice Age Thesis” Gains Appeal by Adrian Ash
Ned Schmidt: The Gold Market Is Turning
Oct 22 – Jim welcomes back Ned Schmidt CFA, Publisher of The Value View Gold & The Agri-Food Value View Reports at Schmidt Management Company. Ned believes that the gold market is making a significant turn and will be heading higher.
Keith Weiner on Gold Manipulation, Naked Short Selling, and China’s Gold Imports
Oct 21 – In a reprise edition of FS Insider from earlier this year, Cris Sheridan interviews Keith Weiner PhD, president of Gold Standard Institute USA, and CEO of Monetary Metals. In looking at the futures market, Keith explains there is no evidence for gold manipulation through naked short selling.
Technician Robin Griffiths – It’s Not a Top – But “Risk On” Is Off
Oct 11 – Jim welcomes back Robin Griffiths, Technical Strategist at Cazenove Capital in London. Robin notes the consensus is that markets are back in a “risk-off” mode, and that the big money is moving to safe haven investments. He also discusses the problems in Europe and Japan, and says we are living in abnormal times.
Ross Hansen: Two Types of Gold Investors: Long-Term Physical vs. Fast-Money Paper
Sep 30 – Ross Hansen, founder of Northwest Territorial Mint, joins Jim to discuss the “investor fatigue” in the metals markets over the last few years. Ross notes how the big banks have been investing Fed money into the stock market in recent years, and gold has been largely overlooked.