Market Focus: Storm Watch
- Apr 20 Bank of Greece Expulsion From the Eurosystem Could Be Especially Damaging to the Currency Union by Sober Look
- Apr 17 Markets Retreat on Increased Risk of Greek Default by Sheraz Mian
- Apr 16 Why Russia Will Send More Troops to Central Asia by Stratfor
- Apr 16 The Changing World of Work: The “Signal” Value of Credentials Is Eroding by Charles Hugh Smith
- Apr 16 Vice Spending Slows, Unless You’ve Got the Herb by Andrew Zatlin
- Apr 13 Which Is the Greater Threat to Investors – Inflation or Deflation? by Matthew Kerkhoff
- Apr 13 Does the AIIB Signify the End of the American Century? by Michael Pettis
- Apr 10 Milestones in Bond Insanity: Mexico Sells 100-Year Bonds by Michael Shedlock
- Apr 10 GE Gets Out at the Top by John Rubino
- Apr 08 Is the U.S. About to Enter Recession? by Cris Sheridan
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Financial Repression – The Greatest Wealth Transfer in History
In Jim’s first Big Picture topic, “Financial Repression – the greatest wealth transfer in history,” Jim discusses the current deliberate policy pursued by governments and central banks. Jim gives an historical background on financial repression, first seen...
Chris Martenson on What Happened to Peak Oil
Apr 16 – Cris Sheridan welcomes Chris Martenson PhD, co-founder of PeakProsperity.com. Chris gives his views on peak oil, and frames the discussion in terms of the relationship of oil reserves and price.
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: On the Record
Apr 11 – This week on the Big Picture, John interviews Jim in a format they call On the Record. Some of the topics Jim addresses include why he is still bullish on the stock market, the potential for a recession in the US, and his views on energy and peak oil...
Gordon Long on the Four Pillars of Financial Repression
Apr 8 – Cris Sheridan welcomes Gordon Long, Founder and Principal of LCM Groupe. Gordon explains what financial repression is, the four pillars for implementing it, and why this is one of the most important issues facing savers and investors across...
Market volatility and the breakdown of fundamental and technical indicators are only a few signs. There are others which are more subtle and not visible to the human eye—below the surface. They show up in bear-o-metric readings of the nation's money supply, credit expansion and the breakdown of corporate earnings. With all of these readings, we know that a storm is coming. The question is: "What kind will it be?"
—Jim Puplava, The Perfect Financial Storm Part 3