Market Focus: Storm Watch
- Oct 02 Does Today's Big Employment Miss Signal Recession Ahead? by FS Staff
- Oct 01 Worth Wray on China's Failed Plan to Blow Stock Market Bubble and Attract Global Investors by FS Staff
- Sep 29 Jeff Saut on Dow Theory Sell Signal, Biotech Breakdown, and More by FS Staff
- Sep 28 Bear Market Devil Might Be Lurking in the Details by Patrick O'Hare
- Sep 28 Credit Markets Suggest Caution by Chris Puplava
- Sep 25 The Oil Price Shock – A Boon, or a Harbinger of Disaster? by Monty Guild Tony Danaher
- Sep 25 Weekly Market Summary - Volatility Likely to Remain High by Urban Carmel
- Sep 24 Technical or Structural Bear Market Ahead? by Chris Puplava
- Sep 24 Russia’s Sudden Military Build-Up in Syria by Global Risk Insights
- Sep 23 Cyber Breaches Undermine Delicate US-China Relations by Global Risk Insights
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: The Next Crisis – It’s Not What You Think
Oct 3 – In this week’s Big Picture, Jim outlines where he believes the next financial crisis will begin; in the bond market. He plays clips from the recent Carl Icahn video regarding danger in the high yield bond market, as well as discussing how...
Patrick Schotanus on the Archetypal Market Hypothesis (Part 2)
Oct 1 – In part two of this two-part interview, Patrick describes his groundbreaking Ph.D. research of viewing modern finance through the lens of complex psychology, where the human mind and its extensions (including the market) are...
Jeffrey Saut on the Market's Dow Theory Sell Signal
Sep 29 – Jeffrey Saut, Chief Investment Strategist for Raymond James, says that a Dow Theory sell signal occurred on August 25th, as also occurred in September of 1999 and November of 2007. He is hoping that this one will prove false, but if the market breaks...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: It’s Complicated – Think Before You Jump
Sep 26 – If there is a word to describe the markets today, it would be “confusion”. In today’s first Big Picture topic, “It’s Complicated – Think Before You Jump”, Jim and John hope to bring some clarity to this very complicated situation.
Market volatility and the breakdown of fundamental and technical indicators are only a few signs. There are others which are more subtle and not visible to the human eye—below the surface. They show up in bear-o-metric readings of the nation's money supply, credit expansion and the breakdown of corporate earnings. With all of these readings, we know that a storm is coming. The question is: "What kind will it be?"
—Jim Puplava, The Perfect Financial Storm Part 3