Market Focus: Storm Watch
- Sep 22 Ukraine on the Brink by Sober Look
- Sep 19 Martin Armstrong: Capital Herding Into the U.S., Likely to Push Dollar, Stocks Higher Into Next Year by FS Staff
- Sep 18 Jim Bianco on Gold, Oil, and Why the Market Doesn't Care About Geopolitical Events by FS Staff
- Sep 16 Soros Issues Major Warning; U.K. Sees Large Outflows by Christopher Quigley
- Sep 16 The Origins and Implications of the Scottish Referendum by Stratfor
- Sep 15 Keynes Was a Failure in Japan – No Need to Embrace Him in Europe by Detlev S Schlichter
- Sep 12 Bubble Forming With Leveraged Buyouts by Sober Look
- Sep 11 The Perfect (Dollar) Storm – When Currencies Collide Part 1 by Chris Puplava
- Sep 10 Cause and Effect? by Brian Pretti CFA
- Sep 10 Is Crimea a Short-Term Gain for Putin, but Long-Term Loss for Russia? by FS Staff
Martin Armstrong: War Cycle to Begin by 2016
Jim welcomes back Martin Armstrong, of ArmstrongEconomics.com. Martin and Jim cover a wide array of macroeconomic and geopolitical topics. Martin sees the US becoming more isolated, as it continues to anger its traditional allies, and forcing Russia and China to begin working together again.
MIT’s Roberto Rigobon on the True Rate of Inflation
Cris Sheridan welcomes Roberto Rigobon, Professor of Applied Economics at the MIT’s Sloan School of Management. They discuss the Billion Prices Project, started at MIT by Rigobon and fellow professor Alberto Cavallo. By using automated web scraping technology, the Billion Prices Project collects and tracks more than 1 billion prices each week...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: The Endgame – The Grand Finale and The Meltdown
Jim’s first Big Picture topic this week deals with where we are in the market cycle, close to the top, or heading higher? Jim lays out the case that macro forces favor higher stock prices for an extended period. He looks at where we may be in this bull market, and makes historical comparisons to the bull market of the 1990’s.
Louis-Vincent Gave: Euro Crisis 2.0
Jim is pleased to welcome back Louis-Vincent Gave, CEO of Gavekal in Hong Kong. Louis and Jim cover a range of global macro topics, starting with Europe, as growth rolls over and another recession looms as a strong possibility. Louis believes the ECB’s monetary bazookas are not enough...
Market volatility and the breakdown of fundamental and technical indicators are only a few signs. There are others which are more subtle and not visible to the human eye—below the surface. They show up in bear-o-metric readings of the nation's money supply, credit expansion and the breakdown of corporate earnings. With all of these readings, we know that a storm is coming. The question is: "What kind will it be?"
—Jim Puplava, The Perfect Financial Storm Part 3