Market Focus: Commodities
Recent Editorials on Commodities
- Mar 12 Nicoski on Market Breadth, Foreign Investors Fleeing US Bond Market by FS Staff
- Mar 05 Smoot-Hawley? by Jeffrey D Saut
- Mar 05 Trade Wars and the US Dollar by Gary Shilling PhD
- Mar 05 Game Plan for Late-Cycle Investing by Chris Puplava
- Mar 02 Enjoy the Final Ride, Because the Expansion Is Nearing an End by FS Staff
- Feb 23 How Global Growth and Infrastructure Are Driving Commodities by Richard Mills
- Feb 16 5 Reasons Why Commodities Are the Place to Be in 2018 by Richard Mills
- Feb 12 Bond Market Experiencing Biggest Technical Change in Our Lifetimes, Says Strategist by FS Staff
- Jan 30 US Dollar Importance Is Fake News by Kurt Kallaus
- Jan 26 Gold May See a Big Move This Year, Says Frank Holmes by FS Staff
Chris Puplava on Late-Cycle Investing Game Plan
Mar 10 – Chris Puplava discusses three key themes for 2018—rising inflation, volatility, and sentiment—and how this relates to Financial Sense Wealth Management’s late-cycle investment strategy...
Transition, Volatility, and Risk
Mar 3 – In today’s Big Picture episode, Jim Puplava and John Loeffler explain why the market didn’t like the new Fed chair’s comments, which kicked off some selling, and how that relates to the...
The Second Wind: Credit and Market Implications
Feb 24 – In today’s Big Picture episode, Jim Puplava and John Loeffler discuss how economic growth is picking up with commodities rising along with inflation. These events are unfolding as we go...
Greg Weldon: 2018 Could Be the Year of Commodities
Dec 9 – Greg Weldon of Weldon Financial joins us on the show today. In his experience from watching the dollar and bonds, Greg has built up his intuition on when it’s time to get into gold....
Learn More about Commodities
- COT (Commitments of Traders) Data | CFTC
- Commodities Futures | Yahoo! Finance
- Commodities | Forbes.com
- Commodity Futures | Bloomberg
- Commodity Research Bureau (CRB) Index
- Drought Severity Index: Long Term Palmer | CPC
- DoE: Critical Materials Strategy
- UNEP Year Book 2011 | United Nations
- World PopClock Projection | U.S. Census Bureau