Market Focus: Commodities
Recent Editorials on Commodities
- Dec 15 Goldman: These Are the Hottest Commodities in 2018 by Oil Price
- Dec 14 Yamada: Market Technicals Strong Though Record Margin Debt Spells Trouble by FS Staff
- Dec 14 Inflation: An X-Ray View of the Components by Jill Mislinski
- Dec 01 Today's Market Has 'Few Historical Precedents', Says Louis Gave by FS Staff
- Nov 28 Don Coxe on North Korea and Geopolitical 'Earthquakes' Taking Shape by FS Staff
- Nov 21 Thankful for Growth by Matthew Kerkhoff
- Nov 07 The Bitcoin Bubble: A $6,000 Pokémon Card by Alex Barrow
- Oct 31 Doubling Down on Deflationary Forces by Gary Shilling PhD
- Oct 06 Gold and Yen at Key Inflection Points; Watch for Possible Breakdown by Chris Puplava
- Sep 01 Dow Industrials Warned – Nasdaq Answered by Ryan Puplava CMT
Greg Weldon: 2018 Could Be the Year of Commodities
Dec 9 – Greg Weldon of Weldon Financial joins us on the show today. In his experience from watching the dollar and bonds, Greg has built up his intuition on when it’s time to get into gold....
The Next Big Thing – Infrastructure
Mar 11 – In 2002, Jim Puplava wrote “The Next Big Thing,” explaining how natural resources, commodities, and precious metals were the next long-term investments. Today, he outlines why “The...
Gary Shilling: US Holds Upper Hand in Trade Environment
Feb 18 – In this hour long conversation, Gary Shilling of A. Gary Shilling & Co. and Jim Puplava discuss trade, China, the US dollar, emerging markets, infrastructure spending, monetary policy...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Trump and the Great Reflation
Nov 19 – Donald Trump has won the election and now plans to provide a major boost to the economy. Will it succeed and delay the onset of a recession or will the “great reflation” get stopped dead...
Learn More about Commodities
- COT (Commitments of Traders) Data | CFTC
- Commodities Futures | Yahoo! Finance
- Commodities | Forbes.com
- Commodity Futures | Bloomberg
- Commodity Research Bureau (CRB) Index
- Drought Severity Index: Long Term Palmer | CPC
- DoE: Critical Materials Strategy
- UNEP Year Book 2011 | United Nations
- World PopClock Projection | U.S. Census Bureau