Market Focus: Commodities
Recent Editorials on Commodities
- Jul 16 Russell Napier Warns of Global Monetary Breakdown by FS Staff
- Jul 05 A Stagflationary Storm Is Brewing, Warns Greg Weldon by FS Staff
- Jun 29 Record Short Squeeze May Cause Oil to Spike Further, Says John Kosar by FS Staff
- May 24 Record Buybacks Offsetting Fed Liquidity Drain by FS Staff
- May 21 Throw Out Those Condoms in China by Peter Boockvar
- May 16 Jim Puplava: Markets Unprepared for $80 Oil Shock by FS Staff
- May 14 Yang: China LEIs Falling "Quite Sharply", Inflation at a Major Turning Point by FS Staff
- May 07 Correction Likely Not Over, Traders Rotating Into Energy Stocks, Says Craig Johnson by FS Staff
- Apr 27 Currency Wars: The Race to the Bottom Has Begun by Richard Mills
- Apr 24 Kathy Fettke Sees Long-Term Boom in American Farmland by FS Staff
Chris Puplava on Late-Cycle Investing Game Plan
Mar 10 – Chris Puplava discusses three key themes for 2018—rising inflation, volatility, and sentiment—and how this relates to Financial Sense Wealth Management’s late-cycle investment strategy...
Transition, Volatility, and Risk
Mar 3 – In today’s Big Picture episode, Jim Puplava and John Loeffler explain why the market didn’t like the new Fed chair’s comments, which kicked off some selling, and how that relates to the...
The Second Wind: Credit and Market Implications
Feb 24 – In today’s Big Picture episode, Jim Puplava and John Loeffler discuss how economic growth is picking up with commodities rising along with inflation. These events are unfolding as we go...
Greg Weldon: 2018 Could Be the Year of Commodities
Dec 9 – Greg Weldon of Weldon Financial joins us on the show today. In his experience from watching the dollar and bonds, Greg has built up his intuition on when it’s time to get into gold....
Learn More about Commodities
- COT (Commitments of Traders) Data | CFTC
- Commodities Futures | Yahoo! Finance
- Commodities | Forbes.com
- Commodity Futures | Bloomberg
- Commodity Research Bureau (CRB) Index
- Drought Severity Index: Long Term Palmer | CPC
- DoE: Critical Materials Strategy
- UNEP Year Book 2011 | United Nations
- World PopClock Projection | U.S. Census Bureau