Market Focus: Energy
- Jul 16 Oil Slides as Saudis Gear up to Pump Record Volume by Oil Price
- Jun 29 Record Short Squeeze May Cause Oil to Spike Further, Says John Kosar by FS Staff
- Jun 27 Oil Jumps as Trump Asks Allies to Cut Off Iranian Oil by Oil Price
- Jun 26 Is Oil on Its Way Back to $100? by FS Staff
- Jun 25 China and India Establish “Oil Buyers’ Club” to Counter OPEC by Global Risk Insights
- Jun 20 Goldman: Expect Another Bull Run in Oil by Oil Price
- Jun 18 The Fed Is Driving Down Oil Prices by Oil Price
- Jun 12 Saudis Lift Oil Production to 10 Million Bpd by Oil Price
- Jun 11 The Nuclear Industry Is Making a Big Bet on Small Power Plants by The Conversation
- May 31 Waiting on the Echo of Crude Oil’s Big Drop by Tom McClellan
Big Picture – The Good, the Better, and the Bad
Jul 14 – It’s hard to believe the first half of the year is over but, so far, things are looking good: the economy is picking up, unemployment is at record lows, inflation is moderate, and the stock market is still in positive territory.
The Case for and Against Higher Oil Prices
Jun 9 – In today’s Big Picture, Jim Puplava and John Loeffler discuss each of the factors that affect oil prices—supply and demand, geopolitics, financial forces—and then explain where they think oil prices are headed for the...
Oil Shock - Oil Prices Heading to $80 a Barrel
May 12 – In today’s Big Picture episode, Jim Puplava and John Loeffler discuss how oil prices have been climbing. Now that summer is almost upon us, we look at expectations for oil prices to head toward $80 a barrel.
Dr. Ellen Wald on Saudi Aramco IPO and End of the Oil Age
Apr 28 – Oil has transformed the Middle East from a piece of desert to the center of one of the most strategic resources in the world. Dr. Ellen Wald, author of Saudi, Inc.: The Arabian Kingdom’s Pursuit of Profit and Power, tells of Saudi Arabia’s goal to retool...