March 16, 2020 – The Federal Reserve and other central banks are throwing everything they can at the markets but investors are still engaged in "fast and furious" panic selling. Jim Puplava and Cris Sheridan explain what has the Fed most worried and what's likely to take place next and whether fiscal and monetary authorities have the power to stem the decline. Tune in as we discuss "The Week That Changed America" in the special report on the coronavirus and the emerging fallout to US and global markets.
Stay ahead of the news! Subscribe to our premier weekday podcast
Mentioned during today's show:
- Federal Reserve cuts rates to zero and launches massive $700 billion quantitative easing program
- California Gov. Newsom calls for home isolation for all seniors, bars to close, restaurants to limit capacity
- Coronavirus May Light Fuse on ‘Unexploded Bomb’ of Corporate Debt
- Empire State manufacturing index falls to lowest since 2009
- Why outbreaks like coronavirus spread exponentially and how to "flatten the curve"