August 15, 2022 – Are you thinking of selling your business? Financial Sense Newshour speaks with Chris Vanderzyden at Legacy Partners to discuss her latest book, Master Your Exit Plan: Sell Your Business, Preserve Your Legacy. Chris explains the roadmap and essential steps that business owners should consider if they want to sell their business when it comes to attracting and finding the right buyer, valuing their business, tax considerations after sale, and much, much more.
From Amazon: "You need a Master Exit Plan to guide you through the process of successfully selling your company.
You were competitive and tireless in your efforts to build a successful business. Now, it’s time to sell your business for the optimal price and best terms. But how do you do that?
As a business owner approaches their exit, confusion often sets in because there are many unanswered questions:
- What are the steps in the mergers and acquisitions process I should follow to successfully sell my business?
- How do I ensure my company will attract a buyer when I am ready to sell?
- What is the value of my business, so I can be sure a buyer won’t steal my company?
- Will the net proceeds be enough money to sustain my life at the same level I enjoy as a business owner?
- When should I sell my business?
- Who can help me reach buyers and guide me through the process?
- What will I do after I sell my business?
- How do I protect my wealth once I’ve sold my business?
Written in layman’s terms and applicable across industries, Master Your Exit Plan is a roadmap that provides the answers to the above questions and brings clarity to what is a traditionally difficult process.
Chris Vanderzyden presents every critical step to create a Master Exit Plan that will align your business, personal and financial goals and help you successfully execute the sale of your business. She shows you how to avoid costly mistakes when selling so you can enjoy financial security and preserve your legacy for future generations.
If you own a business that you intend to sell someday, this is the best exit planning book you could buy!"