Book Interview: The Big Fat Surprise
Financial Sense Newshour interviews Nina Teicholz to discuss her must-read 2014 book, The Big Fat Surprise: Why Butter, Meat, and Cheese Belong in a Healthy Diet. In this wide-ranging interview, Nina discusses why the conventional wisdom behind “low fat” diets is incorrect, what science has now revealed on proper dieting and nutrition, and much, much more.
Teicholz is the Executive Director of The Nutrition Coalition, a non-profit group that promotes evidence-based nutrition policy. She has testified before the Canadian Senate and U.S. Department of Agriculture about the need for reform of dietary guidelines.
For more information beyond today’s podcast, we highly recommend buying this book! You can purchase it on Amazon by clicking here.
Click here to see our full archive of prior Lifetime Income broadcasts on college planning, taxes, real estate, health, and more.
Related podcasts and interviews:
- Enriching Your Diet Equals a Richer Retirement
- How to Remain Healthy for the Rest of Your Life
- Jeff Kotterman on Fat-Adapted Diets, Intermittent Fasting
- Book Interview: The Case Against Sugar
- Blue Zones: The Secret Key to Longevity
- Mike Matthews: The Bottom Line for All Diets and Weight Loss Is “Energy Balance”
- Dr. Amy Myers on the Thyroid Connection: Why You Feel Tired, Brain-Fogged, and Overweight
- Rebekah Rotstein on Pilates for Rehabilitation of Injuries
About James J Puplava CFP
|07/23/2018||Key Topics for Couples Considering Retirement||bcast|
|07/21/2018||The Fed Spoke But No One Noticed Except the Markets||bcast|
|07/21/2018||Fiscal, Monetary Policy Tension Creating Havoc, Says Craig Johnson||bcast|
|07/17/2018||Kotlikoff: The Rules for Retirement Planning Have Completely Changed!||bcast|
|07/16/2018||Travel Well, Safe and Healthy||bcast|
|07/14/2018||Big Picture – The Good, the Better, and the Bad||bcast|
|07/14/2018||Dorsch on Longest Bull Market in History; Morgan: Best to Stay Out of Metals||bcast|
|07/13/2018||Yardeni: Trade War Background Noise as US Economy Plows Ahead||bcast|
|07/10/2018||Andrew Scott on "The 100-Year Life: Living and Working in an Age of Longevity”||bcast|
|07/03/2018||Elizabeth Morgan on Asset Protection Strategies||bcast|