Book Interview: The Big Fat Surprise
Financial Sense Newshour interviews Nina Teicholz to discuss her must-read 2014 book, The Big Fat Surprise: Why Butter, Meat, and Cheese Belong in a Healthy Diet. In this wide-ranging interview, Nina discusses why the conventional wisdom behind “low fat” diets is incorrect, what science has now revealed on proper dieting and nutrition, and much, much more.
Teicholz is the Executive Director of The Nutrition Coalition, a non-profit group that promotes evidence-based nutrition policy. She has testified before the Canadian Senate and U.S. Department of Agriculture about the need for reform of dietary guidelines.
For more information beyond today’s podcast, we highly recommend buying this book! You can purchase it on Amazon by clicking here.
Click here to see our full archive of prior Lifetime Income broadcasts on college planning, taxes, real estate, health, and more.
Related podcasts and interviews:
- Enriching Your Diet Equals a Richer Retirement
- How to Remain Healthy for the Rest of Your Life
- Jeff Kotterman on Fat-Adapted Diets, Intermittent Fasting
- Book Interview: The Case Against Sugar
- Blue Zones: The Secret Key to Longevity
- Mike Matthews: The Bottom Line for All Diets and Weight Loss Is “Energy Balance”
- Dr. Amy Myers on the Thyroid Connection: Why You Feel Tired, Brain-Fogged, and Overweight
- Rebekah Rotstein on Pilates for Rehabilitation of Injuries
About James J Puplava CFP
|09/18/2018||Secrets of Centenarians Around the World||bcast|
|09/17/2018||Don’t Let This Happen To You||bcast|
|09/15/2018||Big Picture: Big Debt Crises, Past and Future - A Billionaire’s Perspective||bcast|
|09/15/2018||Art Hill: Stay the Course||bcast|
|09/11/2018||What Congress Giveth They Can Taketh Away||bcast|
|09/08/2018||Big Picture: What’s Different This Time||bcast|
|09/08/2018||Market Technician Says It’s Time to Raise Some Cash||bcast|
|09/01/2018||Legendary Wall Street Forecaster Ed Yardeni on Predicting the Markets||bcast|
|09/01/2018||Richard Dickson: This Old Bull Market Feels Young Again||bcast|
|08/21/2018||The Legacy of Investing In People: Strong Family & Lasting Business||bcast|